1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AN UPDATE FROM ONE OF MY PREVIOUS THREADS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Feb 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HEllo:
    i have a neice who works full time at a nationally known store. over the years she has received numerous sales and customer service awards. she is in her late 40's. the store recently hired a 22 year old part timer, who is a senior in college. this pt woman graduates in may and hopes to land a higher paying ft position with this company. this woman is very good looking and flirts with most of the managers and upper level management team. the management team loves this pt employee. recently, my neice had a customer go off on her and my neice attempted to defuse this situation and calm her down. the part timer filed a complaint that my neice was yelling at this customer and she was at fault. my neice said this was nerver the case and denies this. she has even offered to take a line detector test. here manager and asst manager took over the investigation and called the customer and the story has now changed. the customer said he never raised his voice, it was my neice. both managers and a human resource person had a meeting with my neice and gave her a final writen warning. they all said that they thought my neice was lying to them and they no longer trust her anymore. my neice said to all of them that she never had her character questioned before and felt that the pt person was lying. they want my neice to sign a letter stating she accepts this warning. my neice said she feels her rights have been violated and is considering hiring an attorney. the human resource woman said there is no need to hire an attorney because you are not fired. with jobs being scarce in this economy, how would you handle this situation? i told her to stay on the job, but start looking elsewhere. what do you think? steve balistreri

new update from 2-27-09
    My niece called me last night. after the above incident she resigned her position yesterday. boss said they had security watch her and felt on 2-11-09 she was helping another associate and felt she intentionaly went out of camera range so they could not see what she was doing. my neice said enough is enough, and she couldn't take the harrasement any longer. she said she would be filing a lawsuit. hr woman told her "we encouarage you to apply for unemployment, and we won't contest it" Why would an employer say that?
    steve balistreri

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You fail to say if she was terminated. Sounds like they want her to quit.

Get her to contact DILHR but keep going to work.

HM

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

halfmile- she said enough is enough with all the harrasement, she said she would file a lawsuit and resigned her position. thats when hr rep said we encourage you to apply for unemployment and we will not contest it.
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.