1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

An excellent marketing idea for trap clubs!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Have you heard of Living Social? I have been participating for quite some time, and was going to suggest to the ATA that they look into it as a marketing tool for trapshooting clubs around the country. Then today I get a deal sent to me...and it's from PG Trap and Skeet! My "home" club (far away now) where I got started!

Take a look at this, and all of you club owners might do well to follow suit. You don't have to do whisky, or even transportation. Come up with your own ideas of how to put your package together, and contact livingsocial.com to get your ad in. Or call Mark Biggens at Prince George's in Maryland and he can tell you how it works.

Kudos to PG!!!!

2. capvan

capvan Active Member

That title for an even has to be the worst I've ever seen. Boy, the antis are going to love getting their hands on this. Heck, I can invent my own scams that are better than this...

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ahhh...Good Intentions?!?

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!!

Curt

4. recurvyarcher

You both are missing the point BIG TIME. If you read my post, I said that you didn't have to include alcohol (or transportation). The point is to use the Living Social venue to put an ad out there for a discounted shooting experience. Period.

The club ads can say anything that they want. You can put a venue together such as "Shotgun lessons" or "Family day outing" or "Clays and Archery" or "Bust some Clays" or "Lessons and Linquini"...the possiblities for the experience and the ads are up to you.

It's a great opportunity for promotion.

5. recurvyarcher

How about a "Camping and Clays weekend experience"?

6. missed some

missed some TS Member

great ideas devi, and i even like the drinkin one.....course i do pull a cork now and then. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy, some want to be so politically correct that they can't see the forrest for the trees, I think it is a good idea, don't really care what the anti's think as anything I do they won't approve of anyway, and I don't go through one minute of any day looking for approval from anyone. mark

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Trapshooters' drink? NoooooooWay!

Devi. Any idea will work if you push it. I prefer a concerted SALES effort over any marketing plan though. Marketing is a dubious endeavor without good sales contact and follow-up.

Cheers!

8. recurvyarcher

Mark...I think someone at the KTA should look into this! Would that be Rob? Can you show this to them?

9. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great ideas Devi. We are discussing ways to get more people out to the club on a regular basis.

We do Hunt Safe classes and every kid that passes gets a One Year Youth Membership to our club. IF the family wants to join then they can trade the Youth Membership in for a $10 credit towards the purchase of a Family Membership.

I also will discuss with our club doing a Outdoorsperson "YARD SALE" at the range. Maybe doing some shooting classes while the Yard Sale is going on at the other end of the facility. Let people bring boats, campers, hunting and fishing equipment out to try to trade/sale.

Again, just brainstorming on what might work for Western SD.

I like the Camping and Clays weekend idea. Hmmmmmmm

Bud

10. recurvyarcher

I love the yard sale idea...that rocks! I'd go to something like that.

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great idea Devi!!! Introducing potential new members to our sport via out of the box ideas is a time that's come! Getting it across to tunnel visionaries may be a tough row to hoe.

Hap

12. recurvyarcher

Rick...your place is the Silver Dollar in Floriday. Several places for sale. I would be there if I were retired and had the money!

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.