1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ammo supply problems?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MKillian, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

I dropped by my regular supplier for primers and found him amidst head-high stacks of Winchester AA shells.

I asked him what was the deal?

He said that he can't get any Federals and REMINGTON is not making any STS so it looks like his customers are going to shoot AAs this year.

Mike

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Last time I checked Remington makes STS. HMB

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

HMB, you can check all you want but STS's are in very short supply. Federal orders for shotshells are months behind. AA's will rule this year-like it or not. Federal and Winchester are offering $20 rebates this year-Remington is not. Time to suck it up and move on!!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shells? White Flyer targets-----going to be a problem.

5. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Olleo- Go back and read the original post carefully and you'll understand hmb's post

6. oleolliedawg

hitapair, you're so right. I correct my morning stupidity but stand by the message!!

7. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Eddie,

Trust me on this: regardless of what your cynical mind may fabricate, the man has more important things to be concerned about than directing the product selections of his customers.

<blockquote><I>"The foreign primer makers are cutting into American made sales big-time with prices 20 to 25% below American makers."</I></blockquote>...an so who's responsible for THAT?

Mike

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I was just told by a VERY reliable source, that Remington is going to cease production of trap target shells all together. My source told me that Remington actually sells more dove and quail loads in the first 2 weeks of the dove season than all their other targets shells, combined, during the entire year..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What's wrong with AA's besides their less than desirable hulls when it comes to reloading? I have never lost a target because I was shooting AA's or any other shell for that matter. Sure I usually shoot Remington STS shells 100-1 over other makes but I won't lose any sleep over just having AA's this year. If you ask me, Remington has been doing a hell of a job a driving away shotgunners from their products these past few years.

10. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Rem. is not going to stop making STS or anyother unless the Govt, is buy up alot of the components. The regime has sent orders out to start buy up all the ammo from the manufactures they can find. My understanding it to shorten the supply of components and other supplies of ammo. As far a remington goes they are in the business to make money so they are going to satisify their largest supplier first. Which is you and I but we don't get any of it. We just pay for it.
    Now how true this is I don't know only time will tell. But you know what the agenda is with this regime. Wild Bill

11. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

AA's, still the King

12. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I was in Graf's in St. Charles, MO on Tuesday this week. Brad told me that all the ammo companies had sent a notice that there prices were increasing 5%-10% very soon. Components, fuel surcharges, etc.

13. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I'm curious if Winchester ammo will be cheaper when they move to Mississippi from Alton, Illinois to avoid the unions.

I'll bet not.

14. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I'm curious if Winchester ammo will be cheaper when they move to Mississippi from Alton, Illinois to avoid the unions.

I'll bet not.

15. oleolliedawg

Federal shells will be the hot ticket this year-if you can find 'em!!

16. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Big C, Then Leo has not always shot "the best". Wasn't Leo shown in ads not so long ago shooting Challenger shells?

17. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Time to fire up your reloading presses.

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Challenger shotshells are indeed still available or were last year. I believe they are made in Montréal, Canada. A friend in the Great White North sent me some just last year.

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

What do Challengers run and how good are they in comparison to the big three here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.