1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AMMO SUPPLIERS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I've been buying Estates from a gent who is cutting back his business significantly. Because of this, I've done some searching on the forum, but haven't been able to come up with any concrete leads on suppliers at a relatively fair price. I usually buy 20 flats or so at a time.

I would appreciate input, especially from members in the DELMARVA general area on where to go to buy shells. They don't have to be Estates, but with four of us in the family who shoot, I don't want to afford premium shells.

Guy

2. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

It's a ride, but estates and rios are $3.99 a box at Shyda's in Pennsylvania.

We went yesterday (beautiful drive) and bought reloading supplies.

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I wouldn't touch the RIO shells, but Federals and Estates can be had for a reasonable price at some of the Big chains like Gander, Dicks, and Bass Pro. Watch for sales and Dick's has coupons from time to time. Shyda's and Richland in PA can do the case lot deals. Gun clubs are a bit more expensive and are usually around $42 and a three or four dollars less for Federals or Estates. The dollar less price for Rios would not cause me to buy any. I've had cold weather issues with them, as well as experiencing some base wad migrations on the first firing. Same goes for a lot of the Cheaper Cheddite hulls like the Kemen and Mirage. It's just not worth the chance.

http://www.shydasgunshop.com/

1635 South Lincoln Avenue

Lebanon, PA 17042

717-273-6572

http://www.richlandshooters.biz/

Richland Shooters

207 South Park St

Richland, Pa 17087

Phone: (717) 866-4246

4. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

WalMart still has Winchester and Federal @$15.72/4 boxes. Dicks has Rems @ $40/ten boxes. I'm sure both will be going up by 10% or so very soon, so stock up now.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks everyone for the info.

Guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.