1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AMMO STOCK UP OR NOT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Quack Shot, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Your second guess is probably more correct. I don't think it will be coming down too much, anytime soon. I'd buy a crapload and sit on it.

2. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I heard going up ten to fifteen percent in Sept.

3. dverna

dverna Active Member

First year shooter - trap - but I have been around shooting sports for a few years.

I have NEVER regretted stocking up. I think it is a good plan.

This year I bought 60 flats of shells. In December, I bought 100 bags of shot ($22.50/bag). I could be wrong; but I will take my chances.

I have also stocked up on primers, powder and wads although the latter two items seem to be staying reasonable.

I will be buying more "stuff" this week at the state shoot.

Don

4. C H S

C H S TS Member

Yup, industries and manufacturers just love panic buying; it turns slow sales into major profit taking sessions and makes a great excuse for more price increases.

Andy

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

You can never be stocked up enough ... the prices are going up and will sooner or later level off and most likely come down a hair from whatever the high will be but they will never be this low again ... I think.

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen prices on ammo go down?
    I've been shooting for 50 years and don't remember ammo prices ever decreasing.

Good sales now and then, but not price decreases.

I don't feel comfortable unless I have a few cases in the closet.
    Find a sale and stock up.....

7. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Just bought 100 lbs of powder, 5 cases of wads, 35,000 primers, and have on hand two tons plus of shot. I'm 70 years old and hope this will last till I'm arrested for polygamy at 90. LOL RG

8. oletymer

oletymer Member

BlackLab has the right idea. I will be buying similar quantities and hope for the best although I am a couple of years younger. Karl

9. ZeroHero

ZeroHero TS Member

I don't know if what I do would be called stocking up. When I find a good deal I buy as much as I can afford at that time. I often have a stack of either shells or reloading stuff.

Duke

10. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

If you guys haven't noticed its not just ammo and shooting supplies that is going up. Ask your wife about groceries! In my wife's business she uses a lot of powdered milk in one of the products she makes. We got the bill yesterday for our latest shipment and it had doubled exactly since the last order we placed just two months ago!

Steve

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

I would say-------------You have about 2 years before the hammer comes down!!!! Real Hard!!!!

You have only begun to feel the economic "explosion" coming from China!!!! You have not yet felt the tax on each and every shell!!!!

You have not yet felt the end of "farm subsides"...

I say again,,,,,We are rising to a higher plateau of inflation!!!! Things WILL NOT AGAIN be like they were!!!!! There will be NO looking back,,as the new world order kicks into a higher gear!!!

Soon,,,,all the chickens come home to roost,,,,massive tax increases coming!!!

You are already seeing advice given on "how to reduce your carbon footprint"!!!! Be warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cost of ammo will be the least of the problems.............

AKA Grammie.............

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Grammie, and not only that but the frigging sky is falling. RG

13. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Just because it's "Grammie", don't discount what is being said. Michael

14. grammie

grammie TS Member

Max trap:

You ask a fair question,,,I shall give you an honest opinion....

If it is anyway possible,,,,,You should get together with every shooter from your local club/clubs with those that can afford it,,and contact Dean Bright from Iowa,,,,buy 300 or more flats if possible,,,,because things are going to get expensive!!!!!

AKA Grammie............

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned

Federal prices will go up 15% on Sept 1st. Remington and Winchester will increase wholesale prices between 5 and 15% Oct. 1st. Another 15% increase expected Jan. 1st 2008. Letter came in from various manufacturers today. Increases are because of rapid increase of raw material costs-especially lead. Buy now and save!!

16. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

When the Dow was at 12,000, Grammie was predicting doom and gloom. We will be at 14,000 soon and if you weren't in it, you were really stupid. If you take advice from someone like Grammie you will get everything you deserve. Why he does not have his own column in the Wall Street Journal is beyond me.

17. grammie

grammie TS Member

HaveGunWillTravel:

Yes,,,your're right,,,,I think you should sell your house,,and then invest it all into the market when its at all time highs!!!! Don't be afraid,,,,after all,,,everything that rises,,,keeps rising,,dosen't it??? Hurry now,,,,You don't want to be the last one on the gravy train on the way to 14,000.....

AKa Grammie........

18. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Looks like we'll have to change it from WWED (What would Ed do?) to WSED (What should Ed do?). I'll tell you WSED- he should buy his shooting friends 10 flats each, for an early Christmas present!

19. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Grammie, I am not a very good shot but getting you is very easy - you are not even a moving a target. There are courses available to help you learn to invest. I strongly suggest you actually learn something before making your doom and gloom predictions.

20. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I am one that agrees that most things are going up in price. I priced the freight charges to bring in large quantities of components and found that the fuel surcharges from freight companies almost make it more profitable to rent a large truck and go pick it up myself. This doesn't work on small orders though. As margins get smaller and smaller, and gas prices cost more and more, I understand why a number of people get out of the business each year. This also explains why you don't give up the day job. IMHO Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.