1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo question - 45ACP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Looking around for 45ACP, I found some made by Aguilla or Aguila. I'm assuming it comes from Spain, Mexico or wherever. I'm wondering if anyone here has used it and, if so, how it functioned?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

It is made in Mexico.

They actually make some really unique stuff - from subsonic 22's (60 grain bullet) to 12 gauge shells that are about 1 1/2 inches long...

That which I have shot has always worked well for me.

I'll admit I've never shot their 45 ammo...

3. subaru

subaru TS Member

I have shot around 1000 rounds or so of it with no complaints. It shoots better than Winchester white box in my opinion.

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

I shot several thousand rounds and it worked very well in all my guns except one KAHR 45. The KAHR was a striker fired gun and would occasionally fail to fire with Aquila and UMC factory ammo. The issue was the gun and not the ammo. Good accuracy and the nickel plated brass was high quality and re-loadable. If I run across any more I would not hesitate to buy it.

--- Chip King ---

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I will go with whats said Have seen 2 rounds fail in a Glock but fired the second time.

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I have no real issies with it other than its "Loud".. It's function is fine.. Before I set up to reload 45.. I bought a few hundred rounds of it.. It shot well..

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have only used their 22 stuff but all of it is really good stuff...plus I'm so dang grateful to them to have started producing 5mm Rem Mag Rimfire again...I dusted off my 592 to send some groundhogs to heaven

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thx guys. As usual, this forum is a fountain of info.
    Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. Clay KillR

Clay KillR TS Member

It's Mexican. It was the next cheapest thing to that dirty but reliable Wolf stuff. I bought a 1000 rounds at a gun show and my 5" Kimber Target II loved it! I thought it was more accurate than UMC. Not one jam or FTF. Cases are very reloadable. If I needed factory ammo I'd buy it again in a second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.