1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Travioli, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

Just recently visited the Dick's in Dickson City PA. I tried to buy some ammo and redeeming a coupon for 10.00 off. They no longer honor this discount. With my receipt I was asked to do a survey on the store and the coupon also excludes ammo. I was shocked at the prices of ammo which i am sure once it is up will never go down. A case of Gun clubs was 54.58 and that was a case price. The case prices for AA and STS was 69.99. Is anyone else seeing the pinch from high amo prices? What are prices like in your area? Does anyone feel that the increased ammo prices will ultimately decrease the amount they shoot? I know it is going to affect me.

Travis

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Travis: Although I agree ammo prices are exorbitant; the prices you quoted at Dick's are actually "reasonable" compared to other sources. I usually buy my shells and components from 2 large dealers. Their price on Gun Clubs, (as of yesterday) was $57 a flat. Also, I was in the local WalMart yesterday and their price on STS were $7.74 a box. ($77.40 a flat) Hopefully prices will come down; but I wouldn't "hold my breath". One of the dealers that I talked to was running a special on Top Guns. They were $54 a flat. Just 9 months ago I purchased Top Guns from this same dealer for $39.50 a flat!! Ed

3. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Yeah, I bought some Remington Game Loads (maximum fps but still ATA legal) for 51.20 a case at Bass Pro last night. STS's were on sale for 67.50 per case. That's about as good as it's going to get. I'm an SCTP coach and even with the 3/1 discount we can't get AA's from the factory for much less than that. Another retailer in town had a sale on Estates for 56.66 per case. It looks to me, though, that the prices are going down some. I have seen STS's at Wal-Mart going for 8 or 9 bucks not long ago, so it has come down a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.