1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo prices for 2008/9

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I have approx. 150 flats (bought most @ $29.00 per)...so I can wait...but my guess the prices will be down. If not, the sales will flatten even more for the manufacturers...

Curt

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I can only hope they drop so back down to a point where reloading will not be an option ... if they would only go down to about $40 a flat I could be almost happy.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am selling Centurion for $52.50 a flat. Rios and Estate $55.00 a flat. That is going rate for me now.

Matt - Woodson Ent. "The Scattergun Store"

4. trap906

trap906 Member

Hi Matt, what part of the country are you located, can you ship, and what would the frieght be to Arkansas zip code 72513? thanks, Rob

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

trap906,

I am in Western Kentucky, about 5 hours from Little Rock. Email or call me, and let me know how many you are wanting. We can go two different routes, UPS or Freight truck.

Thanks,

Matt - Woodson Enterprises
    Phone: (270) 804-5454

6. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Matt, What kind of price could I get if I buy a skid of Rio's? Thanks

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Hoosier,

The best I know is $55.00 a flat. My distributor is charging the same per flat or pallet.

Matt

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I got a few flats of Centurions from Matt at Middletown. I like them. They have a brass, not steel, head. I wish he would decide to take a short trip to the Blue Ridge Mts. and drop off 30 flats for me.

If anyone makes a deal with Matt, don't worry about getting anything in writing. His word is much stronger than a written agreement.

Pat Ireland

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Pat:

Are you sure about that Centurion brass? I shot a couple of flats and kept the hulls. At some point I'll give them a whirl for reloading.

The heads on the Centurions I have are most definately steel.

sissy

10. K80Dude

K80Dude Member

Well since all the commodities that are used to manufacture shells are down then we will see a drop in prices once existing stock is sold off. However lets not forget about the dropping value of the dollar that we will see in 2009-2010. This could counter act any real savings we see on cost of goods.

Bottom line is there will be lower prices but they will be short lived. By that time no one maybe able to afford them.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Dollar is rising, so that might mean more import competition which should put some downward pressure on the US ammo makers. But dollar is up and down. That makes it hard for an importer to make any future plans. When they get a deal that looks good, the dollar changes.

12. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Pat,

Thanks for the kind words.

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

sissy- I thought they were steel- I will try to find a box and check then.

Pat Ireland

14. pdq

pdq Member

Lead is less than 1/3rd of what it was at it's recent peak, oil is 1/3rd from it's recent peak, and the dollar against the Euro has gone up from it's recent fix of .63 to .80. ALl good news.

With everyone hunkering down worried about the economy, I expect demand will be less than supply, which -- in addition to the above -- should cause the prices to come down.

I doubt Cabelas is still trying to get $80 for a flat of Gun Clubs.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.