1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Price!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Billster, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billster

Billster TS Member

The girlfriend is visiting her aunt upstate NY (2 miles south of Canada). She stops into Dick's this a.m. to see if prices for STS are cheaper up there. Of course YESTERDAY was the big sale - $5.00/box for STS. Today they're fookin' $7.95/box!!!!??????? Holy scheiss. They wouldn't give her the sale price for two cases. Between $3.30/gal gas (100 mile round trip to range), range fees, smokes and ammo, my pension ain't cuttin' it anymore. She's gonna have to woik overtime now. $7.95/box! Is it worth it? Estates looking better and better. Maybe if we stop buying STS they'll get the hint. Outfookin'rageous.

billster

2. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

Gander moutain has sts and win.aa for $8.99 a box. that is in Dayton, Oh. Scott

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Supply and demand on lead has caused new shells to finally catch up. Hopefully the current downturn on raw lead continues, making reloading more lucrative again.

If shot goes down to $20-$25 a bag, $8.00 premium shell will gather a nice coat of dust.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

check dick's ad today. beileve they were 5.75 per box by the flat motordoc

5. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Well-Known Member

aa and sts $5.98 per box when you buy 10 (a flat)at the Florence Ky. store ,this is second week of the price raise from $5.78. Jeff

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

It amuses me in a way; that many shooters sold their reloading equipment or supported buying new shells in lieu of reloading. It took a while but new shells have caught up to the ridiculous price of lead shot that has been on the market. I am willing to bet that within the next 6 months a shooter will save 50%. (comparing a quality reload with a shell such as an STS or AA). Lead is a commodity and in my opinion is heading down in price. I still feel we will see $25-$30 lead, (maybe a tad more), in the near future. At that price my reloads will save me a lot of $$. Ed

7. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I'm another of those; "100 miles round trip to the club" Guys. I can relate to the expen$e of our hobby. I try to do ALL my business in town on Range Day. Makes the trip in at least worth a little more than just using gas to shoot.

As far as the price of shells. The higher prices have been predicted for MONTHS now. Lead went up almost ten times this year. WHERE did we think shell prices were going to go?? Certainly not down.

Anyone who didn't stock up on the deals from Dicks, or even the local Wally World really missed the boat. I feel sorry for You. Couldn't imagine shooting practice with $8 a box shells.

FN in MT

8. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

There is a place where I live where about 2 months ago had STS's for $9.99 a box. I laughed and walked back out the door. If they have to make that much on a box of shells I will take my business elsewhere. I don't now where they get $9.99 a box unless they "have" to make 400% on what they sell. Last I seen STS's, they were $6.49 regular price a couple sales here and there, but it varies alot from store to store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.