1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Price, Ouch!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

How many boxes in a flat?

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Ten. HMB

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Makes reloading interesting again. Right? I remember not too long ago when components were going up; how many were scoffing at reloading. "Might as well buy new, they said". What goes around comes around. Ed

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

someone went in to our local dicks and bought every flat of aa they had,but i did get a rain check at 5.90 a box

bill

5. bkms

bkms Member

Walmart is gonna run ya $75.70 plus tax. If you have an Academy sports nearby, check with them as the ones i have been too still have the old prices of $59.40 and that was two days ago. Bob.....

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I'm heading to a fun shoot today and on the way there is a Walmart which has an inventory of Federal MP's (4 boxes per carton) at the price of $16.77 (equates to $41.93 per flat). I'll wipe 'em out and worry about reloading at a later date.

Curt - Delaware

7. Pugs

Pugs TS Member

I was at a Gander Mountain yesterday to redeem a gift card my son in law gave me for Christmas ( I don't usually trade with Gander, but what the hay, I had a gift card). AA and Rem STS were $8.99 ($9.54 out the door with tax)a box. I didn't buy any as I have loaded up plenty for the up coming Winter leagues I shoot and have a good amount of reloading supplies left over to carry me well into Spring/early Summer. $9.54 a box? Pffffffffft.

8. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Gander in my area Kingston NY has wild prices for similar stuff; 34.99 for 12 ga Estates (not steel, not mispriced they say). 6.99 for 20 ga estates, 8.99 for AA/STS

They say they buy at any price and sell at that, plus. Nuts to me

Hope they're tasty cause they're gonna eat 'em.

9. smartass

smartass TS Member

Walmart is gonna run ya $75.70 plus tax." Now that's a load of BS for any but one Wal-Mart. They are far cheaper at many of them. Why do people assume that WM prices are national? Hello- THEY AREN'T.

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Curt - Delaware,

The Wal-Mart here in So Cal is $23.88 for the Win 4 box value pack.

11. Skibik

Skibik TS Member

Was at Wal-mart here in Northern Minnesota a couple weeks ago and those Winchester econo 100 packs were priced at over $26, with tax that puts them at over $7 a box. Was at Reed's Family Outdoor Outfitter's in Walker, Minnesota the other day and the AA's were marked $6.49 a box, and a flat of 10 were marked $59.99. I still have some lead left from a few years ago and didn't need to buy premium shells, I cut out my registered shooting and only shoot league now and don't need as many shells. Well then I stopped into Fleet Supply in Bemidji, Mn and they had Estate heavy load 1 1/8 ounce loads for $3.89. They had 30 some boxes in the show case and no flats so I cleaned out the showcase and filled a shopping cart. I figured if I had to buy shot anytime soon I wouldn't be able to reload for that. I bought them to extend my lead supply a little longer. I also heard the all rifle shells are going up in this new year also. I had been stocking up on .22 shells as I heard those bulk packs of 500 were going to be around the $20 or more. That is double from what they have been selling for.

Dean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.