1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo buying line at the gun show today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I kind of feeling bad paying $12 going to the gun show today, and I was so bored after an hour later, so I decided to take picture with my phone and show it to you guys.

There was a kind of good looking girl walking around, but her boy friend had a very mean look on his face, so I didn't take any picture of her, therefore you can only see this:

This is the "line" around noon-time at a California gun show today.

[​IMG]

.22LR ammo were available at almost every ammo seller's table, price around $10 per box of 50. Didn't see anyone buying while I was there.

AR-15 with price tag @$1500 didn't catch any buyer's interest, few weeks ago they were @$2000.

2. avery53

avery53 Member

I hope everyone remembers the greedy ba$tards that were doing all the gouging, hope they get stuck with their crap.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What line? HMB

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Sweet Justice, Baby. Just shoot what you've got or don't shoot. Since last fall, I bought zero centerfire or rimfire ammo until last week when .40 S&W came down under $20/50. I have other hobbies, so I refuse to fuel the idiocy.

-Gary

5. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

At 700 table gun show today it seemed like things were back to normal. Some sellers still outrageously high on ammo, but the same ammo way cheaper from others down the isle. I had a hard time finding 357 Sig though. The AR's, started at about $750, with Colt's at $1150. Good gun prices on the not so popular guns. I got some good deals. Some sellers were willing to haggle. 1000 table show next weekend should be better. Seems like shelves are getting stocked again, but slowly.

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what part of California was this?

7. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

I only see people laughing at the shows,at the price tags that is.
    I think the Keltec and Highpoint carbines are outselling the Ar`s,those are the ones I see being purchased most.

8. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Ventura county, CA.

To be honest, 75% of the reason I went (and wasted $12) to that show was :

1) We are going to have a good lunch at Joe's Crab Shack after the show.

2) My friend who drove has a H/C plate, we can park at the entrance.

9. philk

philk Member

Yep, the Crab Shack makes it all worth while, yum.

10. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I will never go into another Joes, too noisy and nasty for me. Jeff

11. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

A local shop has 100 round of Remington yellow jacket ammo for $8.95 a box. I bought 20 100 ct boxes of shorts at $5.00 a box and figured they would be good for squirrel hunting and letting the grandkids plink. Plenty of other pistol ammo and guns are rolling in. I still haven't been able to get me a .17 mag yet but was told soon. Jackie B.

12. ralphgries

ralphgries TS Member

Similar situation here in Wisconsin. AR prices are rolling back to around $1k. Cabela's is selling flat tops for $749.95. 5.56 is down to 15/box. Funny, all those "patriots" at the shows insist on ripping the eyes out of the public at a time when they should be putting as many guns into the hands of the Americans as they can. Pricks. Eventually, there's going to be alot of pissed people running around trying to sell their AR that they paid 1400 for, when they see that those same dealers won't give them 600 for it. Am seeing people pay 70/75 for a brick of 22. 308 showing up again at the big box shops, as is some 9mm, 40, 45, at normal prices. Quantities are still restricted to 2/3 boxes per person. I really hope those gun show dealers choke on their merchandise. They are the primary reason the situation regarding supply and price is what it is.
    ralphgries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.