1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

AMMUNITION
    Only 12-gauge and 20-gauge shotguns may be used in the competition. New shell purchases will NOT be
    mandatory at the Grand American. Shooters will be able to bring their own shells (including reloads) or may
    buy shells through Gamaliel Shooting Supply at the shell house at retail pricing. The shellhouse will be closing
    at 6 p.m. so make sure that you get your shoot-off shells before 6 p.m. Violations of the shell standards as
    listed in the ATA rule book will be dealt with aggressively including possible long suspensions.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume their website prices or better...

Jim

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you buy from Gamaliel's where does the sales tax go?

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Illinois!!!!!!!! Colonel

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What difference does it make where it goes. Buy something at the gas station where does the sales tax go.

Are you trying to make a point??

Don

5. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

BigM-Perazzi

Other than shot weight how in the hell they going to tell what a legal reloaded shell is? Other than a few powders with Green or red dots in them, or grain size most powders look about the same. And I have some early Solo 1000 that is even a different color from the new stuff.

I guess you could crony one or ten, Hard to imposable to prove.

Buying shells with the Grand and date on them from the factory stopped that very well.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I would but since you've cocked your pistol, I think I'll just let you guess, LittleDon.

7. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Rock

Buying Grand shells did not stop the people that wanted to cheat. They simply took the new shells to their motel room the night before, took the shot out of them and put 1 1/4 of 6's, 7 1/2's or what ever they wanted and then recrimped them with the Mec loader they brought with them.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Actually I bought new Nitros for the Grand in Ohio last weekend and paid the sales tax there. I will probably infuse more money into the local economy in the 2 weeks I will be there then most and therefore paying the sales tax to IL. What the hell is your problem??

Don

9. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

I guess my original question was a little too confusing for some. All I really wanted to know was "what can I expect to pay for a flat of shells at the Grand?" I did not mean for this to become a bitch session on who gets what for taxes or where people spend their money.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Keep in mind that Gamaliels will be long gone and Wally World will still be in business and be there to serve you long into the future at a reduced cost besides ... Besides shells you can pick up the daily requirements while getting your shells in all flavors at WalMart and a few grocery's for your camping out experience in beautiful southern Illinois ... If Walmart don't have it, you probably don't need it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Is there a price list for the Shell House at the Grand? What can one expect to pay for a flat?

Yeah Rock, just totally disregard the thread question. Go ahead and call me out by starting some shit on something that wasn't even said. I have no damn idea what the hell your blubbering about...

[Subject: Ammo at the Grand
    Email:
    Date: Tue, Jul 21, 2009 - 09:42 PM ET
    Website Address:

BigM-Perazzi

Other than shot weight how in the hell they going to tell what a legal reloaded shell is? Other than a few powders with Green or red dots in them, or grain size most powders look about the same. And I have some early Solo 1000 that is even a different color from the new stuff.

I guess you could crony one or ten, Hard to imposable to prove.

Buying shells with the Grand and date on them from the factory stopped that very well. ]

Oh, by the way, since you don't go to the Grand anyway. That was a cut and paste from the Grand program....

12. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Gamaliel will have Winchester AA, Remington STS and Federal Gold Medal for $73.00 a flat. They will have lots of different loads to choose from. Additionally if you buy 4 flats you can enter to win FREE SHELLS FOR A YEAR! Wal Mart does not even offer a free box of shells. Each time I have gone into there with someone to buy shells we have had to find the one guy that can sell them (and he seems to always be on break). Once we find him we need to produce more documents than needed to cross the Canadian border in order to buy the shells. Gamaliels will even take your shells to your vehicle and place them into it. Service vs. no service????

Remington is once again paying their rebate at their store for any STS or Nitros bought at Gamaliels. Maybe Winchester and Federal will do the same.
    If you buy from Wal Mart you will get to mail in your Remington rebate and wait.

WPT, Thanks for the offer but I will go to the grocery store for my "daily requirements". Any meat I will get at the Butcher Shop. Shells will be bought from Gamaliel at the shell house. Gamaliels may or may not be around longer that Wal Mart but I prefer not to support Wal Mart if I can avoid it and so far I have not been in a Wal Mart for 29 months and I am still alive.

The trailer is loaded, bearings are packed, steaks have been ordered, fruit and vegies will be at the local farmer market, reloading is completed, propane bottles are full, and new shells will be at Gamaliels. Just need to fill the tank and head to Sparta, or as my seretary calls it....Trapshooter's Mecca.

See ya at the Grand,
    CA

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Trapchild: You couldn't bother me on your best day. Your crass remarks are of no concern. Now go back to living in your dreams.

I only correct those who need to be corrected and you aren't worth it yet.

Don

14. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Zar,

I know. I thought it was a simple question and what we get is a shit storm. Hope everyone has fun at the Grand, because I know I will.

Chad

15. acre44

acre44 Member

I will have flats for sale at my campsite. Look for the Blue 3500 duelie pickup with the cap. I am going to be selling flats of Estates 7 and 8's for $45.00 and NO TAX!!!!!

TOAD

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Toad: I would be careful as you just told the authorities that you are going to break several rules/laws on state grounds.

Don

17. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I would reccommend you think over your ad very carefully.

Joe Woods/Ontario

18. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Since someone implied that it's so easy to cheat, and so hard to find cheaters, why not have an unlimited ammo event?

The real marksmen and the guys who can "take a lickin' and keep on tickin'" would probably win the event.

Event could be called "The Obama" - for a change.

19. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Yesterday I bought 1400 Winchester #8; 2 3/4; 1 1/8 (red pack of 100) for 20.98 at a local WalMart... They were 23.98 just a couple of weeks ago--what a pleasent surprise.

Guy B.

20. brigade

brigade TS Member

Sales tax will go to ACORN....Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.