1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo at Dick's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

Ammo at Dick

Latest from DIck's: 6 box limit until further notice due to increased demand for ammunition... Take that Obama!!

2. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

FOOK Dicks !

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Why would anyone but anything from Sucks Sporting Goods??????

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I don't think my local store has EVER had more than 6 boxes of ammo in stock since they have been open.

They sucked me into their store a couple of times with their flyers advertising $4.99 "Gun Clubs". They never had more than one box on their shelf.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If they don't have the advertised item, get a rain check. Then you can get that sale price anytime you want. HMB

6. senorric

senorric Member

With my Dick's rain check, I've been buying Gun Clubs at $4.98 for months now. Just get a rain check that's high enough to cover your requirement(s) for monthes to come. I get mine in "flats" not boxes. Here in NY, prices will definitely be going up ----

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I am and have been done with DICKS

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

They always have had plenty of shotgun shells when I was there. Gun Clubs at $5.48, Gun Clubs $5.17. Sometimes Supersports at $5.48. What pisses me off it that they haven't been disounting the Merrells or Keens. Great selection of golf clubs. I picked up a Taylor Burner for $120. Didn't get the white head like the pro's use, however. The cute girl who greets you is overly friendly. I think she's coming on to me. I had to tell her; "Honey, I'm old enough to be your
    grandfather.

9. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

I told a girl the other day that I was old enough to be her grandfather. She smiled big and said "Great, that means you can hold up a long time.".

It is great using old man erection items - like two Popsicle sticks and a rubber band.

10. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go into dicks if they gave me there six box limit.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dicks....what a joke. Their knee jerk reaction to pulling guns off the shelf should be our sign to boycott them completely. Without exception.

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Take them back. Tell them you decided to buy you supplies from a sporting goods store where the costumer is apprieciated not seen as suckers comming thru the store. Bill

13. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Dicks in Montgomery County MD asks you if you are a US citizen when buying ammo. I asked why this was required and the girl said it s a new policy. In response, I said yes (cause i am) but i wondered if she would ask me for proof...and if i had to go home to get my birth certificate.

I also wondered what would happen if I told her no. Seems stoopid and counter productive. Afterall, the incentive (to get ammo) is to say yes whether you are a citizen or no.

14. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I am in the process of moving my reloading room from an unheated garage into an extra bedroom. I needed enough ammo to get me through a little winter shooting until I'm back in production.

After having trouble finding any 12 gauge at all, I was passing Dick's north of
    Butler,Pa. I asked a worker in the lodge area if the six box limit applied to trap ammo. He said he didn't care. So I loaded my cart with thirty boxes of Fed. top guns and three four packs of Win. super target.

When I got to the check out there were two young girls working. I asked about
    the case price. T%hey didn't know what I was talking about so I paid box price.
    It has been a very long time since I've been in a Dick's. So my question is, does Dick's still have a discount for buying ten boxes or more?

Bud Edwards

15. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Heck, the one in our town never ever carried enough AA HCPs to allow you to walk out of there with a flat of shells. 6 Boxes was the norm Deeeck's. Let 'em sell skateboards.

Bob Falfa

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There's no regular discount on 10 boxes. Sometimes they have special sales. Plenty of shells at the Dick's I go to. Good prices and nice people.

17. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I walked out today with a flat of gun clubs. No drama...

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I've never had a problem with them....I've bought some stuff over the years w/o drama.

Most folks create their own drama (and a multitude of problems)...

Curt

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

I ordered an AR15 from the bastards on Black Friday and they now refuse to supply it. That same gun has doubled in price.

Screw them.

Will never buy anything from those jerks again.

Don Verna

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Don,,,,,,was just going to bring that up,,,,,,,I will not darken their doors,,,,,,,,Supposedly the CEO is going to run for office,,,,,,,,,wonder which side of the 2nd he will be?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.