1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ammo Accountability Legislation!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Luckyman, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Its already started...Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana )
    requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all
    ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
    Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held un coded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
    http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Are you F-N kidding me????

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Geez, I wonder what the Armed Forces will do if we don't code all their munitions - throw rocks?!

Jay

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

That's a good point Jay! I didn't even think about that....Ammo would have to be made special for the military and would obviously be exempt from such a ridiculous mandate....

M.Suda

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Who is gong to engrave the serial number on all those BB's?

Secondly, does each BB in a load have to have a serial number, or does each shell have its own number?

HM

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

This is the type of guise to attempt to force the shooter to quit shooting sports. Everyone reading this should join the NRA; they have fought this type of legislation knowing its impact on shooters. It's not always the frontal attack on your guns (such as making gun ownership illegal) but suppose the gov't would enact a yearly tax on each of your guns, just like buying yearly license plates? I won't underestimate the lengths the anti-gunners will go in order to put the gun owner out of business. The NRA, through its millons of members will combat this; strength in numbers matter, please consider joining. Darrell

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Well spoken Darrell, Don't bitch on internet sites if your not an NRA member. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

This bill, and versions of it, was introduce last year. It was not successful, most of the time it died in Senate. They will probably try to re-introduce it again in the 2009 session.

9. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

They already tested the waters here. As I posted on the 28th.

Subject: Riding the wave
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Nov 29, 2008 - 08:17 PM ET
    Website Address:

HARRISBURG Nov. 28 2008

"Pennsylvania gun owners dodged a bullet when lawmakers failed to enact legislation that would have levied a 5-cent tax on each shell and required encoding ammunition with serial numbers and registering those numbers in a statewide database."

"Introduced in February, the bill remains in the state House Judiciary Committee and will die at the end of the session on Sunday. But it could be reintroduced in January, and gun advocates expect to fight it again next year. It's part of a growing effort nationally to target ammunition as one way to stem gun violence."

So, to all the liberal loving "gun owners" that come on here, the demokrats don't differentiate between those shells YOU shoot and the ones I run through my AR.

That "I don't care what they ban, I don't own one of those" philosophy is going to hurt YOU as much as it hurts the rest of us.

You think the price of ammo is high now? What do you think it will cost the ammo companies to "encode" their product? IF they can afford it, that cost WILL get passed on to all of us.

If some companies can't afford to do the "encoding" and go out of business, that is just as good in the minds of the people that want to see these bills passed.

In their thinking higher prices mean,

Less ammo purchased...As if the drug dealer they just busted here in Pittsburgh with $40,0000 in CASH in his apt. is going to worry about the cost of ammo.

encoding means,

The tracking of criminals through this method....As if the bad guy isn't going to claim that the ammo HE purchased was stolen out of his Escalade while he attended church services. The next law will be that you have to report any ammo stolen or face a fine and or jail time. When you decide to sell a certain pistol or rifle, as we all do from time to time, you better not think about selling any of the ammo that was purchased for that caliber. The next law will be the one requiring you do the paperwork on any transfer of ammunition. They want to know WHO bought that ammo in case it is used in a crime.

How does their mantra go? "If it saves just ONE life"? No big deal right? "Common sense" gun laws, as obama has put it on more than one occasion.

"We're bending the law as far as we can to ban an entirely new class of guns." -Rahm Emmanuel (This is an older quote from emmanuel but I don't think he has changed his mind on "common sense" gun laws.)

From his new boss,

“The notion that somehow local jurisdictions can’t initiate gun safety laws to deal with gang bangers and random shootings on the street isn’t born out by our Constitution,” Obama said.

You can NEVER give them one inch. They know they will have to take small bites out of the 2nd Amendment. These ammo laws are just the start to that end.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

10. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

bt-100 dc is right the NRA is the best insurance policy you can get for the price you pay... LIFE MEMBER AND PROUD OF IT...

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Right on harpo. Everyone bitches about overmailings from the NRA, but they are potentially our only hope. If you become a member, or are simply sending in your 09' dues, write them a note to take you off their intermitant mailing list. Worked for me.

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You wouldn't be able to reload any empties beside your own if legislation such as this were passed.

13. ken a

ken a Member

Some of you wanted change and here it comes !!!!!

14. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Indiana Residents Come Forward

House Bill 1260 Introduced in 2008

State Representative Bill Crawford (District 98) authored HB1260.

I spoke with my representative this morning and found that HB1260 was referred to the Public Policy Committee and was read once and not introduced in again in 2008. Basically, this means that it was thrown in the garbage. This bill never reached the house floor for roll call.

Here are the committee members for 2009.

Current Public Policy Committee Members

Democrat<br><br>
    <li>Trent Van Haaften (District 76) – Chairman</li>
    <li>Vanessa Summers (District 99) – Co-Chairman</li>
    <li>Terri J. Austin (District 36)</li>
    <li>Phil GiaQuinta (District 80)</li>
    <li>Earl Harris (District 2)</li>
    <li>Scott Pelath (District 9)</li>
    <li>Mary Ann Sullivan (District 97)</li>
    <br><br>
    Republican<br><br>
    <li>Matt Bell (District 83) – Top Republican in Committee</li>
    <li>L. Jack Lutz (District 35)</li>
    <li>Jackie Walorski (District 21)</li>
    <li>Thomas Knollman (District 55)</li>
    <li>Wesley Culver (District 49)</li>
    <br><br>
    Contact Information for Indiana Legislators:
    <br><br>
    If you live in the state make sure your legislator knows how you feel about encoded ammunition. Contact the house of representatives at 800.382.9842
    <br><br>
    Good Luck To All

15. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Windy City,

Email sent to my legislators. . . I emailed this to everyone in my address book who lives in one of those states.

NRA Life Member and still donating monthly. . .

Recruited two members this month and one member last month. . .

16. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

they suckered us in to the (safety) of the concealed carry legislation.how long will it take for a vote fo rsafety and microcoded ammo?
    NRA for life!

17. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

E-mailed my Senators, Schumer and Clinton. Not much hope but at least they know how I feel.

18. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-03-05/news/three-seattle-guys-want-to-bar-code-bullets.php

Found this link on another site. Interesting that the "ammunition accountability" effort is the brain child of three guys from Seattle that dreamed it up as a money maker and hired a lobbiest. Too bad someone that supposedly enjoys shooting targets is bent on throwing the shooting sport under the bus to put a few bucks in his pocket...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.