1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Amish Mafia

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CharlieAMA, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Last night, before the National Finals Rodeo came on, I was going to watch 'Moonshiners' on the Discovery Channel(Dish 182). They scheduling had been changed(imagine that) to a new show called 'Amish Mafia'. I watched it for an hour, and was amazed at all the BS the Amish have in their society. Marijuana in their corn fields, guys going to hookers, some drugs, people have hit and runs with their buggies, "Yoder Toters"(taxis) that over charge. This head Amish dude has a couple of young boys that take care of the little problems. Don't know if anyone else caught it, but was worth the watch to me. Wednesday nights. Charlie

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I watched it. Seems a little far fetched to me. If it is indeed real, them PA Dutch Amish got issues like the rest of the Country. I was a little surprised of the "Party House" and guns not to mention the nice cars. Levi had a Caddy and the other guy had a Mercedes. That Levi seems a little big for his britches

3. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

WHAT BS CRAP T V

4. glock22

glock22 TS Member

Saw somewhere that it`s staged, don`t know for sure.

5. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I watched a few minutes of it and it seemed far-fetched to me too.

Tim

6. burtona

burtona Member

It's a reality TV show! It does not have to reflect reality! It's a TV show that's staged just like all the other reality shows. Anyone really think any of this TV stuff is anything but junk entertainment?

7. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Reminds of the old joke, what is:

clop clop clop clop clop . . . bang bang bang bang . . . . clop clop clop clop clop clop

An Amish drive by shooting.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My mother came from an Indiana Old Order Amish family. Her mother ( my grandmother) raised me for 10 years. I know a lot about the Amish and none of the TV program is fact. It is simply another program that is far out and it seems to be what the popluation wants so they produce it

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

We used to watch the young guys race their buggies in front of my buddies farm in Hillsdale, Mi. They would ask us to buy them beer at the corner store so they would not be busted, being the drunkards we were, we would.

His wife would drive them into town once a month in a large van to shop, she said the van smelled like horse shi$$t forever!

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Now that I believe Shannon LOL

11. 548

548 Guest

My wife and I watched the show the last two nights. We both enjoyed it but we really struggled with Levi being the head badass. He just looks like a big pussy.

12. mark54

mark54 Member

That show is just that, a show. I live in Lancaster County, Pa, in the heart of the Amish country. The Amish people take great care to NOT have their pictures taken That is a graven image, & against their religion.

Mark54 in Lititz

13. 548

548 Guest

Mark, we noticed how green it was there. Does it rain a lot there (because of the Great Lakes).

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This is just as fake as Storage Wars or Pawn Stars.

The "Reality" in Reality tv is just a word.

HM

15. larryx

larryx Member

What halfmile said.

16. 548

548 Guest

So it wasn't really lush green?

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I kinda like Storage Wars. Can't believe Halfmile thinks it's fake. Happens all the time, people just walk away and leave a 50K item in storage, because they can't afford the $400 back rent. LOL

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

People die, get sick, go to prison, get lost on drugs, ect...

I have a buddy that owns a large storage, I know what goes on.

The thing is, the owner of the storage can have more "access" than the show depicts, depending on how up and up, the owner is.

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Pleae don't tell me that reality TV isn't real!!!!! Why would they call it "reality" TV if it wasn't real? They wouldn't lie to us would they?

20. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Article is yesterday's Entertainment section of USA Today..Dave Hester(YEEEEEPPPPP!) of Storage Wars has filed suit against A&E alledging wrongful termination after he questioned the producers about planting items in lockers and rigging the outcomes of auctions.

Makes a good read. These reality TV shows are strictly for entertainment and any realtion to actual reality that they may have is left field at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.