1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aministration to propose new steps to improve gun

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I believe this is an AP article. Part below, the rest the link.

"Spokesman Jay Carney said that the new steps would be made public "in the near future." He didn't offer details, but people involved in talks at the Justice Department to craft the new measures said they expected to see something in the next several weeks. Whatever is proposed is not expected to involve legislation or take on major issues, like banning assault weapons, but could include executive action to strengthen the background check system or other steps."

It seems this administration will by-pass congress and implement new controls administratively. It may include a strengthened background check. I'll wait to what that means, but I probably wouldn't object to something like that.

2. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Looks like Mrs. Keet started a thread and then deleted her post. The woman is something special.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Actually it was a ruse de guerre, and Galt stepped in it.

4. cnsane

cnsane Member

It was a ruse of war? That's clever Mrs.K.

Galt-- When is Francisco going to crash the economy so we can get out from under this "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs" bull$h!+ that has gone on far too long. I'd like to take a vacation in the mountains.

Ayn's novels accurately depict the condition of Society. Damned shame all her stories have very improbable endings. Still, Shrugged should be mandantory reading in all high school Economics classes. Or Anthem would be a good start for those with Attention Deficit Disorder who stil ponder the Govt's role in our lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.