1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Amerigo Pagliaroli

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AACT, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AACT

AACT TS Member

Our great Connecticut shooter, Amerigo Pagliaroli, passed away this morning at 4:40 AM

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Great guy....

My sympathies to his family and friends!

Curt

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

We have truly lost a great man and friend. Our condolences to his family.

Sheila and Bill.....

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Great person as well as a good shooter. God Bless.

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

My condolences to his family. I shot with him a few times in Vegas. Great guy. I will miss him.

Ken Cerney
    Wisconsin

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of the finest people in the trapshooting fraternity. He will be missed!!

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathies for an awesome trapshooter and all-around great guy

8. KennyRay

KennyRay Active Member

The trap shooting game has lost another legend and all-around gentleman shooter!

Condolences to his family.

Kenny Ray

9. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

He was a hell of a man as well as a shooter and he was a VERY good gunsmith as well....... He will be missed so very much at all the shoots in the east and elsewhere as well.

Dick Forrest

10. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

I met Amerigo at the 1970 PA State Shoot in Elysburg. He was not a Remington employee at the time but did shoot green or blue shells. Amerigo was not only a great person and shooter but being italian, he was a true fan of Futboll( soccer). In those days, he could often be seen juggling a soccer ball around a bit by his car. He found out that I was going to be studying at the Universtiy of Munich in 1973-74, he made sure that I was to find out if I could get tickets to the soccer World Cup held in Germany in 1974. i told him I would look into it.

When I got to Munich I figured out where to find out about tickets and telegraphed him (No computers then) how much tickets were and for what games. He wired me the money and he had some tickets to a number of games through out Germany. His wife and daughter were in Italy for the Italy/Poland game held in Stuttgart. I hitched a ride up to Stuttgart and stayed with him as he had an extra ticket for the game. Unfortunately, we were seated in the Polish section. Amerigo was wearing his Italian team Jersey.

I thought we were going to be attacked he was yelling so hard for Italy. Poland won the game and Amerigo was most unhappy. I don't understand Italian but I am sure some of the words he used were curses. The Italian team had to be taken from the stadium in armored cars and flown to an American airbase on their return to Italy as the crowds wanted to string them up. A week or two later when the semis and finals were in Munich, he stayed with me in my dorm room as hotels had been booked years in advance. He was so haooy that I had gotten him tickets and he would tell shooters many years later what a great thing I had done for him....

He was probably one of our sports greatest ambassadors. When he worked for Remington,he worked every shootoff and congratulated every winner no matter what the color of their shells. When he and and Tommy Prall ran the Remington Gun CLub, there was not a better run club, The place was spotless even though it was a tough place to shoot.

I last saw him a couple of years ago at Sparta. My condolences to his family.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

11. BAP

BAP TS Member

Americo was a fine man and a good friend. The trapshooting community has lost a great ambassador. Bill Parson Jr.

12. Remingggton

Remingggton TS Member

As I was being told about Amerigo's tough fight with his health, I was reminded of many great times enjoying what I have always loved. Meeting friends and having a laugh at a gun club. No one epitomized being a "Remington Man" more than AP. He was always willing to grub up his hands working on an 1100 for someone, head to the practice field to offer some pointers, or laugh at a good joke.

I remember him before I even worked at the Big R, when I would go to the Grand and you would notice that Remington Guy at the shootoffs every night, laughing, patting folks on the back win or lose. He was always there until the last C class runner up shootoff was over. I had the priveledge to wear that Remington shirt alongside him for many years, nights and events. I could not be prouder to have worked with a "True Remington Man" as Art Wheaton, Scott Hanes, Dick Baldwin, Shane Naylor and others that wore the Remington on their back - always told me - He is an Ambassador to the Shooting World.

My condolences to Pat and their family.

We'll miss you Poppy Randy Ann and Maddy Moeller

13. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Very sad news! We will miss him dearly, he was a great friend to Nancy and I for over 30 years. He loved the game and went out of his way to make friends.

Our condoleces to his family.

Terry and Nancy.

14. plabels466

plabels466 Member

We really lost a great shooter & ambassador to our great sport.....Remington Gun Club, ( I will always remember it as Lordship) was a tough place to shoot.....It was surrounded by Long Island Sound.....Watching the boats going by got your attention.....Amerigo kept the club spotless.....He was always going out of his way to help someone.....God Bless you & your lovely family Mr. Pagliardi, you were a great friend........Pete LaBella

15. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Amerigo was not only an Ambassador for ALL the Shooting Sports, he was a good friend and true gentleman. May you rest in peace knowing that you were loved and respected by all of us.

Phil Murray

16. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Had the opportunity and honor to visit with Amerigo last year in Florida. He was most likley one of the best representive this sport has ever had. My condolences to the family,he will be greatly missed. God bless you my friend.

Dennis DeVault

17. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

He treated the skeet shooters right.

18. three dram

three dram TS Member

The shotgun sporting worlds have lost a true gentleman ,an excellent

shooter & trapshooting's greatest Ambassador , Amerigo Pagliaroli
    , . .

Amerigo will be remembered by 100's of shooters every where ,

he was Mr. Remington, he worked every shoot off and congratulated every winner

at many Eastern states and Grand American shoot off's for many many years.

he always went out of his way to help other shooters,what ever their

problems.,

, he will be always remembered by many fellow shooters and hopefully

one day will be honored in our Hall of Fame .

my sincere condolences to his family

Bob Lee/Three Dram

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What a great character.

20. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My heart sank when I saw the title of this thread. First reaction is sadness at the loss of a good man and one of the great ambassadors of our sport. I first met Amerigo at Lordship when I moved to Connecticut in 1982. When he found out that I shot International as well as American trap, he led me to the darkest recesses of the basement at the clubhouse at Lordship and introduced me to ten or twelve cases (real cases, not flats) of green 1 1/8 ounce, 3 1/4 dram nickel plated bunker loads which I snapped up without him ever making any sales pitch. He just knew! Lightened his load but had the poor Celica draggin' its butt all the way home. After that, he always joyfully acquiesced to open the wobble (Trap 13) for Mary Ann and me even when we were the only ones shooting.

I remember re-selling cases of that ammo to such luminaries in the sport as Susan Natrass and John Primrose from the Canadian team when they shot the Regionals at Quantico later that year.

Second reaction was pure joy at the thought of his welcome today by Dick Baldwin and the others who have been patiently waiting to fill the last peg on their squad. God bless my friend. Travel safe.

Mike Mann Connecticut Trapshooting Association Delegate 1988-1989

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.