1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Americans, are you really free?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by ansvel, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansvel

ansvel Member

Let's go to Cuba then, can you? You're free what's a problem?

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I can't even go to Canada, I refuse to buy a passport!!

We've traded away our Freedoms for the sake of "feel good" liberalism.

I grew up never needing a passport to visit Canada and am not about to pay a "tax" to go.

There is not difference between a government "fee" or "tax" no matter what the SCOTUS says. We are going to have to eat OboCare because to that!!!

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

But.............but..............we are SAFE now! Isn't that a good trade off?

4. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

timberfaller

"I refuse to buy a passport!!"

Does that mean that you believe that the Federal government should cover the expense of issuing passports and just increase the Federal deficit and issue them free to an US citizen that wants one?

or, Do you believe that we should get rid of passports altogether and just not worry about which Americans are leaving the country and where they may have gone.

5. Traders

C.E. Burgess,

I think I understand your reasoning. If someone else breaks the law, so can I. Perhaps your mother never told you that just because someone else jumps off a bridge doesn't mean you should.

6. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Yes we are FREE.I know that because they told us we are.

7. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Timberfaller- I can see your point.I don't understand the need for a passport to travel between Canada and the USA. We were told that, under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), there would be free movement of goods and people between the two countries. Now, if I want to go down to Connies to pick up supplies, I have to show a passport, as does my American-born wife, then we have to show them to come home. Then last week, the media was reporting that US CBP wanted to install fees to cross the border.

Also, I can't buy reloading supplies and bring them home unless I have an export permit from the US state department. Sounds like a semi-reasonable requirement, until you realise that I, as a Canadian, can't get an export permit! Apparently, my military service, research work for National Defence, security clearance, and all around clean record, combine to make me a security risk! Homeland Insecurity feels that primers, powder, wads, and shot could somehow be converted to terrorism supplies to be used against the USA.

The insecurity business being promoted by governments, in the name of fighting terrorism, is rapidly restricting and reducing what rights and freedoms we hold, on both sides of the border. It is an insidious process, which "no reasonable person would mind, if it makes them more secure!" How many times have we heard that? Just like "If it saves just one life!" We are like frogs in a slowly warming pot of water. If we don't jump soon, we will be cooked, and have no rights OR freedoms at all.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hey Traders you welcher, when are you going to pay the $50 you owe me on the bet, you Putz

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

WHY would you want to go to Cuba???? You CAN go to Libya, Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt,,,,,why??????

10. timberfaller

Sooooooo True Sailor!!

I used to go to Canada all the for vacations and lots of "day" drives.

NOT since I have to be treated like I AM the criminal!! and the "criminal" STILL makes it through!!

Leave it up to the "emotional" (s)thinkers who come up with regulation that don't do a thing for a persons safety!!

11. Traders

Catpower,

"Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right."

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Traders you can't put your money where your mouth is, telling the truth is not offensive, making bets and not paying them is, putz

13. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Freedom is a relative term and it is a bit misleading as nothing about freedom is free.

Bitching about needing to get a passport so you can travel out of your free country and having to pay money for that document is a great example. You are free to get the document or not and you are free to bitch about it or not. Not everyone in the world has that freedom. See the irony yet?

14. Traders

Wolfram,

Given "timberfaller's" comments about the need to get and pay for a US passport to visit Canada, perhaps it's "a blessing in disguise" that he no longer visits Canada. For us and them.

Catpower

"Threads containing offensive posts or personal attacks may be deleted. Remember the use of this site is a privilege not a right."

15. timberfaller

What is so funny is Canada was AGAINST needing a Passport to "visit" the country!!

I didn't need one for years and years, I am not going to get one now.

I'll spend my "saved" money for buying more guns and components, there is the "blessing in disguise" Thank-you

Its Canada's loss in tourism, and the US loose in Tax gathering.

16. perezal

perezal Member

With the Current Administration it’s better to be an Illegal Immigrant and get Free College and free everything else. Us Real Americans have to do without while Illegal’s have it made.

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am free,

I worked and saved hard all my life, oh wait, Merrill Lynch lost my life savings in US Government securities

I worked hard and responsibly and earned a pension, oh wait, a Federal banckruptcy judge let my pension be taken away after a foreign firm gained control of the company.

Well I still have a paid for house, oh wait, If I cannot pay the next installment of the property tax, the Government will take it away from me.

I still am free to live, well sort of, I have had 5 heart attacks and what is left of my savings went to pay the expense that the insurance will not cover. I know the bill is so high because many people get expensive medical care for free. Now with obummer care, my insurance coverage through my wife's employer has been discontinued.

I am still free to die I guess, as long as I can afford to front up the inheritance tax that will be due against my unemployed children when they inherit whatever assets the government didn't take.

Oh, yeah, freedom, I made a lot of payments for it.

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The only thing in America that's truly free are illegal aliens and welfare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.