1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

American Target Primers ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AEP, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEP

AEP Member

I ordered Cheddite primers and received American Target Primers. These primers are made in France. Come in the same type of package as Cheddites, except they say American Target. The primers are all nickle rather than the copper/nickle Cheddite uses.

Anyone ever heard of these primers?

Respectfully Submitted,
    Andy P
  2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

No but very interesting as I use Cheddites also. I will probably use them as well . American Target made in France Ummm ???
  3. chipking

chipking TS Member

Humm is it possible that Cheddite addressed the size issue between the metric and american 209 primers and made the American Target "standard 209" size.

--- Chip King ---
  4. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

I have started using them (approx 1000) and I have had no issues. They are in the same package as the cheddite just a different color and a few bucks less. I bought 5,000 the other day for $116 vs $140 for winchester.
    Dave
  5. maltzahn

maltzahn Member

American Target is Steve Crow's (Crow shooting Supply) private label. He told me personally 2 weeks ago they are Cheddites.

Maltz
  6. Landshark

Landshark Member

The above poster is correct. I sell them and they are Crow Shooting Supply's private label (cheddite) primers. None of my customers have had any complaints with them.

Big Guy's Shooting Supply
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.