1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'American Sniper' Killed at Texas Gun Range

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by J.Fred.Muggs, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Fred.Muggs

J.Fred.Muggs TS Member

'American Sniper' Chris Kyle Killed at Texas Gun Range

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/02/American-Sniper-Chris-Kyle-Killed-at-Texas-Gun-Range

2. J.Fred.Muggs

J.Fred.Muggs TS Member

More.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/03/navy-seal-chris-kyle-fatally-shot-at-texas-shooting-range-report-says/

3. 548

548 Guest

That is very sad. I read the book last year and I highly recommend it. This is the SEAL that punched out Jesse Ventura in a bar in Carona, CA. This is too bad a man who served his country so well is snuffed out so senselessly.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

How tragic. This is the Seal who did four Middle East tours and once killed, from 1.2 miles, an enemy who was about to launch an RPG.

This should make the anti-gunners happy.

-Gary

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

An absolute travesty. And senseless as well. A war hero with his life ahead of him killed doing what he loved. Shooting rifles.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

So, once again, a person with some mental problem, being taught the use of a weapon and a military tactic, uses the firearm to kill two.people?

Wasn't someone on this thread telling us the need for training of a specific weapon or a national service requirement of ALL citizens as necessary for use or purchase of a firearm?

But never fear, we will be told soon enough by some here and in the media, it was that evil assault rifle, NRA, or combination of NRA and military grade weapon made available to the public that is the problem, and not the exercise of common sense.

This is really a sad circumstance, once more, but to make a weapon available to a person with a mental problem, then turn your back on that person????

Story I saw on Fox News was this person's condition was diagnosed, meaning his condition was known!

Good to know, our lawmakers will be outraged by this event and will put forth reams of legislation to prevent this from ever happening again, Even though it will place additional burdens on people of sound mind and willingness to obey all laws, their right of the Second Amendment, if it can save just one life, it is worth it.

7. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

What a real tragedy.

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh and I forgot, we will be exposed to another week of how the 2nd Amendment is not absolute, but the Supreme Courts decisions are!

9. larryx

larryx Member

One punch.

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

That was a terrible thing to have happen

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

RIP to an American Hero.....
    blade819

12. oz

oz Active Member

If there is a heaven he and Carlos Hathcock will have lots to talk about.

13. oz

oz Active Member

I wonder if this idiot shot him for the bounty?

14. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Chris Kile all he has done for all of us and this happens. Since I wrote this I hear the rest of the story about him trying to help another Veteran. Do our Veterans get the help they need.

Maybe this shouldn't be here but I still think it is about time to get back to public executions . Instead of hearing about the a tragedy over and over by our news makers. Show them the results that the perpetrators get for their actions. 1. a quick trial 2. followed by a nice hanging. Jail or prison doesn't seem to help especially with all the damn plea bargaining.
    ,Ken U

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow...you mean Gene's "National Service Program" didn't fix, screen out, or otherwise make this guy "qualified" to own a weapon?

...guess it's back to the drawing board for you, eh, Gene?

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gene aka "chesty" will have some lame excuse as to why this doesn't prove anything against his asinine ideas of the Military weeding out all mentally ill. As buzz pointed out on another thread, there have been plenty before this incident to prove otherwise.

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Updated info, and I am sure more to come......

18. bigdogtx

used handgun to murder them......

19. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Deepest sympathy to the Kyle family. Many Thanks to a hero, Chris, who believed in the goodness of mankind enough to put his life on the line more than once and gave his life in the belief that he could make a difference in someone's troubled life.

If this murderer was diagnosed with ptsd, who arranged the sessions at the range with Chris Kyle and why wasn't the murderer's level of ptsd evaluated properly?

I listened to an interview of Chris on Fox and read some of his writings. He was gifted in his ability to express his high ideals and fortitude.

Sympathy to the family of Chad Littlefield, the killer's other victim as well.

20. bigdogtx

RP,,,,,,,I would imagine it was Chris himself. He is really into helping vets coming coming home dealing with re-entry into society for the ones having trouble. I read his book and have viewed a lot of his interviews. He gave his book proceeds to veteran organizations. Two good young men taken from their families.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.