1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

American Select

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by HVW, Jun 14, 2013.

1. HVW

HVW Member

Anybody have experiece with American select?

2. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

Great powder,

3. wlc

wlc Member

I've used several jugs since switching from Red dot a couple of years ago. I like it fine, but I'm not sure I see an advantage over Red dot. I have used it for 1 and 1-1/8 oz loads. I don't intend to switch, but wouldn't hesitate to go back to RD.

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I have used it for many years, ever since it came out. It is the only powder I use in 12 gauge. I really like it for 1&1/16th or 1 oz loads.18.2 is just right in a STS hull or even Federal Gold Metal. You don't need any more than that.

Tom Strunk

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

A stunningly good, clean burning, consistent powder for bunker, 1 oz @ 1200+ and 1 1/8oz a2 a max of 1200fps.

If I could only load one powder for everything 12 ga, it would come down to a choice between e3 and Am Sel. Fortunately, I can buy both and don't have to choose.

6. Steve Bills

Steve Bills Member

Been using American Select f/ 7 yrs. w/ no problems & great results in 1 oz & 1 1/8 oz loads.......Steve