1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

american made

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by b12, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I don't mean any disrespect to any of the vendors. But I've decieded to try and by products that is all american made or at least 90%. There is a web sight that tells what products are all american made. I am willing to pay for quality if the price is more but If we stood our ground and the manufactures and vendors tried not to gouge our fellow americans I think we could be of great help wiping out this forigen crap and put real people that want a job back to work. Please take the time to read the lables of your purchases and see what percentage is made in the good ole USA. Don't be fooled by words like 75% assembled in the USA. Thats not the same thing.

To All good luck and good shooting at the Grand. Wild Bill

2. Model12Lady

Model12Lady Member

How many that got Ohio State Shoot pins this year noticed that on the back it says " Proudly made in USA ". Good job OSTA !!!

3. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

B12, how about a link to this website you talk about.

Bryan

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sometimes the best stuff is made outside the USA. HMB

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

American products are second to none, unless that American company has ties to the stock market...in that case quality takes a back seat (Waaaaaaaaay back) to the share holders

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Tron--Some things made in foreign countries actually are superior. Example, i collect Cuckoo Clocks and if they didn't come from the Black Forest of Germany especially Old Germany, they ain't a real Cuckoo Clock. I guess that could be taken as opinion but you have a hard time proving to me it wasn't true. Nothing wrong with buying American but remember we don't make the best of everything. Just all the important ones.

7. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I am with you b12. I read labels and do what I can. Martinpicker (Martin guitars are made in Nazereth, PA.)

8. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

The websites:

http://www.americansworking.com/

http://www.madeinusa.org/

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I always try to buy stuff made in the US. That is not always possible. Further, I want quality products. Just because it's made in the US doesn't mean it is a quality product.

As an example, I believe the Remington 870 Express is made in the US. It is definitely not at the bottom of the heap, but it is not the quality I want. I would buy a Browning BPS before I would buy an Express.

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Foreign companies don't have shareholders?

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I also buy American whenever I can.

... even though I've worked in mfg all my life and know first-hand what lazy, unconscientious A-holes 1/3 of the "workers" in this country have become.

-Gary

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Sure I understand the best cooco clocks come from the black forest of Germany. That something they have as a commondity that we don't have. They also take pride in that also and put out the best for what it is with the best resources they have that others don't have. On the other hand we also have many of the best minds, workers, and pride in what we lay our hads to. It shows to the eye, and the handling of the product. Problem is that huge industries have shareholders that don't pay attention to how their boards and ceo's operate the inner workings of the company. Making things cheaper. On surface looks just as good you only fool the public and yourself about the same length of time. Sales begin to fall because the falsehoods begin to show through.
    True captilisium will win if we stay the ground. We must get the fatcats out of washington and the stoolpigeons they control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.