1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

American Hunters - Largest Army in the World

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4evertrap, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Just got this in an email, and thought it warranted a post.

AMERICA'S HUNTERS --- Pretty Amazing!

The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this...A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

Last year, there were over 600,000 hunters in the state of Wisconsin .. Allow me to restate that number: 600,000. Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. Then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states. It's millions more.

The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed. Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain... what army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens.

For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

After Russia fell to their own economic doom, and old government papers were released, many documents from the Kremlin stated caution about a ground war in the United States due the armed population.

During WWII, Japan had the same concerns.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

four more years of Obo and they won't have any worry's!!

Continued support of Democrats in general will have the same results!

Actions speak louder then words!

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Sorry... that is one dumb article!

Keller

5. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

I dont think it was dumb at all. Ill bet the terrorist are considering that when they plan their moves.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I agree Pretzel

7. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"Ill bet the terrorist are considering that when they plan their moves."</I></blockquote>They're terrorists, pretzel. They're not likely to mass and launch a ground assault.

They fly themselves into buildings in planes full of innocents. They strap bombs to their bodies and vaporize themselves in the middle of crowds. Do you honestly imagine that they have any concerns AT ALL about the effectiveness of a crowd of untrained civilians that is completely unorganized and likely to remain so for one very long time?

Keller

8. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

To the contrary Unknown1...that is precisely why they wage war in this way. Because they know they have no chance against an armed populace.

David

9. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Hell Yeah! I do my part to keep guns and hunters both in our polutaion !! Rooferbob

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I have rifles good for most game and most states, I have not yet left my home state...

11. oz

oz Active Member

Don't forget we fun shooters. I have lots of guns but choose not to hunt. I'd rather eat a hamburger than a stupid deer. I will stand with the hunters and all gun owners when the SHTF.

12. Unknown1

Sorry Wolf...you don't give them enough credit. They learned the lessons of the Viet Cong and other effective guerrilla forces...they know how effective small unit tactics are when executed by trained and dedicated fighters...they don't care about an armed populace...hell, they don't even worry about coming up against an armed military. They know that it would take months if not years to organize a big herd of armed individual civilians into any kind of an effective resistance...one that won't trip all over itself for lack of leadership, communication or training. They know that the size of the opposition is of little importance if they can't find you to stop you.

Keller

13. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Personally I like to eat hamburger MADE of stupid deer..........

D.P.Reynolds

14. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Cowboys and muzzies boys and there will be no license costs! Tom Rhoads

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Unknown1, but then there are those out there amongst all that have skills learned in their past who can think on their feet, formulate primary objectives, carry out efficient strategy, disolve formidable opposition.

You can train most to do a variety of objectives. If they aren't thinkers, they're statistics!

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Might as well include Bayonets too! Come on! It's kind of like the people that are storing supplies, and building bunkers to live in the event of a nuclear holocaust. Like at that point, it really is going to matter.

You think in this day and age, that this really matters? I can see this making a difference in a Revolution, or Civil War, but to think this would matter in a attack from outside the country, when they could use bombs, planes, and missiles, is crazy. Even if they did, you think they would be wearing uniforms?

17. johnpe

johnpe Member

I once asked a citizen from Switzerland what would happen if Russia invaded them. His answer gave me reason to pause. He said: "I'll just go shoot my two shots and go home." That's a simple answer to a larger reality. What he was saying was that everyone in his country was armed and if each took out two of their enemy, they would stop any invasion. That reasoning certainly applies to the US in spades!!

Johnpe

18. Nutso

Nutso Member

More important than having guns, is the fact we are trained to shoot them and have practice. Suddenly arming unarmed citizens can be a futile effort, as they have no idea how or hold, aim, or pull the trigger with accuracy. Nor the limitations of the weapon.

So we have guns and know how to use them, that's very strong deterrent.

Tim

19. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Too bad these people don't vote.

20. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"More important than having guns, is the fact we are trained to shoot them and have practice."</I></blockquote>Tim, I gotta point out that there is a world of difference between knowing how to shoot a gun at clay targets or animals and having the training and the will to use one to fight and kill an equally-skilled human opponent who has the same mandate against you.

Keller

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.