1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

American Guns

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

What do you think of the new TV show ? Jeff

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

What show, where?

3. rd

rd TS Member

This guy is generally known as a fraud and a clown here in Colorado. Google Gunsmoke Firearms and read some of the comments by people that have dealt with him.

His most well known trick is to require people tp pay him BEFORE he does the background check, and if they fail to pass, he refuses to give them their money back, and says he will resell the gun for them for a 20 percent commission.

His gunsmithing is a horror. Lots of stuff on the local forums.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thought the show was cheesy but i still say it's a showing firearms in a positive legal manner as opposed to what the media loves to do.

I hadn't read or heard the negative info but it sure don't shock me. I think the guy is an arrogant a-hole so i wouldn't have to worry about my money going to him.

5. rd

rd TS Member

You can find the complaints by googling Rich Wyatt Gunsmoke ripoff complaints reviews

6. grntitan

I'm more in to the American Hoggers now. Now that is some quality programming. Ok i watch it for the hogs. LOL
    grntitan_2009_2503108.jpg

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I gotta tell ya, I really like the Wife and Daughter on American Guns!!!!!!

Oscar

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I know!

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Interesting question....on the episode where Paige asks for a tattoo, she mentions that she is "getting one as soon as I turn 18!".

And on the show, she is shown carrying on her person a sidearm while in the store and out shooting.

So my obvious question is as follows. If she is really still under 18, is that even legal for her to carry guns?

UPDATE: Yep, she's 17. Ok then I don't get it. How is a 17 year old allowed to openly carry a firearm?

10. grntitan

vpr80,

Good question. I do not know what CO law is regarding such issues.

I'll stick with my hog hunter(Krystal 'Pistol' Campbell) above. She is 23 which makes her perfectly legal. Not sure how my wife feels about her though. LOL

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Depends on state and local laws, and the circumstances involved. There is no hard and fast rule or law on this.

12. grntitan

"And what about the example of shooting object, like cars, organs, or whatever, instead of a bona fide target. What does that tell upcoming shooters? You think that promotes safe gun handling practices?"

So an object placed safely down range is not a proper target? I guess it need be a piece of paper to be proper and safe? Come on Rick, that's just stupid. I grew up shooting cans bottles and rotten fruit and frankly i take my son out and do the same. Safety is taught and your idea of the type of target one chooses being an indication of safety is full of holes(pun intended). If shooting various objects gets kids interested in learning proper gun safety and shooting techniques, what is wrong with that?

While we don't agree on targets, i do agree the show is hoky.

13. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

grntitan,

I know what you mean about Krystal...But I do believe that LEAH who is on sometimes is absolutely SMOKIN...........

Oscar

14. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Rick,

I agree with you. In my area a shooter went to the field and didn't see any game so he figured that he would target practice at some rocks. What an Idiot!!! He started a fire that burnt over 200 acres of cattle land. This guy probally is as slow minded as some of these people mentioned on these shows.

He was shooting with lead free bullets...

15. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

So I caught up on Monday's episode last night and now I am even more perplexed.

One of the opening shots is Paige pulling in on her Jeep openly carrying her firearm. Now I can understand her carrying in the shop and such, although still strongly disagree with a minor carrying a firearm. But she comes in off the street with it on. Does Colorado have ANY gun laws at all?

I am all for the 2nd amendment, but no way should minors be openly carrying.

16. atraphead

atraphead Member

Son of a gun ...His ol lady has some very nice Gunns. LLL

17. kenf

kenf Active Member

I like how the idiots handed a cocked pink 1911 to the new owner during a firearms training class. I wrote the show off after this.

18. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

kenf and all:

I saw the episode you're referring to. I didn't notice the pink 1911 being cocked. I was probably distracted by the pole dancer that bought it.

Not being a handgun guy, 1911's have always been a bit of an enigma. Haven't I read that it is perfectly acceptable to carry a 1911 cocked and locked with a round in the chamber??

sissy

19. grntitan

Sissy,

"Haven't I read that it is perfectly acceptable to carry a 1911 cocked and locked with a round in the chamber??"

That's normally referred to as condition one(i.e cocked and locked). It is a common method of carry with 1911 style guns but not always considered the safest although that is debatable. I personally have carried a Colt 1911 but choose a variation of condition two(hammer down with a round in the chamber) in which i have a round in the chamber and the gun in half cocked postion. Again this can also be debated as to its safety. This said, i would never ever hand somebody my gun in condition one or condition two. I always make any gun safe before handing it to another individual and i would hope they would in turn check it for their own safety. I didn't see the episode mentioned above but loaded or not it shouldn't have been cocked before handing it to another individual. This is of course my opinion. Just say'n.................

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Some of you guys are frothing over a 17 year old child still in High School. If that's not bad enough the dad is selling his daughter and wife by allowing them to dress and act provocatively on national tv. Sick world.

The show stinks, again the gunsmithing is a joke, the boss flies around in a helicopter with loads of cash. I want guns shown in a good light but I'm not sure this is the image. I'll stick with American Rifleman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.