1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AMERICA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Presley R. Moore, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Presley R. Moore

Presley R. Moore TS Member

I saw the roaming wall yesterday 8 18 07 in cripple creek co and saw
    all of those names of guys that were either forced to go or volunteered and
    paid the ultimate sacrifice because this country is worth fighting for i do
    not understand the attitude of todays military people who want to be in
    the military but do not want to fight for american freedom need a wake up
    call When i was in the nam i looked at family pictures all the time and said
    this is for your freedom and did what i was told to do because i love america
    and freedom i am 60 years old now but i will still fight to protect our
    freedom Presley R.Moore U.S.ARMY 1966 1972 VIET NAM nov1966 nov1967

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

no disrespect intended...but maybe many of todays soldiers dont believe that protecting Iraqis is fighting for our Freedom. As many in Viet Nam did not believe they were fighting for American freedom there...but for control of Viet Nam, as opposed to Soviet control.

It was posed that if Viet Nam fell to the communists...it would domino. That did not happen. Maybe soldiers today are leary about the reasons politicians give for sending our men & women into harm's way.

Again...no disrespect intended as I have the utmost respect for those who have answered the call. My late uncle did 3 tours with 5th SF, MacV/Sog.

3. Presley R. Moore

you are right in many ways the u.s. military fought in countless countrys
    during world wars 1 and 2 to help them and to keep the fight out of america
    because they thought it was the right thing to do and they were
    welcomed home as heroes america is known for helping other countries and whether it is right or wrong has always been the topic brought up maybe that is why america has not been attaced on a large scale like other countries

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I guess a lot of it depends on whether or not you think we are fighting Iraq or terrorists. I think we are fighting terrorists. I don't know if fighting communism during Viet Nam was right or not as it had not yet attacked us on our soil. One thing for sure, They have not attacked us on our soil since 2001. Whether or not they would have otherwise might be debateable, but it has not happened yet

5. Presley R. Moore

it is my understanding that we are fighting where the larger part of terrists
    are active in iraq and surrounding countries whether we are there to keep
    it out of america or to help the iraqs is in a lot of minds whether the
    terrorists really want to bring it to america or are just terrorizing the middle east and other countries at random is a thought in question terrorists have always been around and always will be keeping them elswhere is the objective stopping them is the dream

6. Presley R. Moore

going to a country for one thing and getting involved in something else sounds familiar we did not find what we were looking for originally so we should of left and not turned into peace keepers you are right it is a religious indifference that has plagued the middle east and it always has been and probably will be forever let them deal with their problems

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

we surely didnt go to Iraq to fight terrorism...matter o' fact....terrorism is the 3rd or 4th reason they've given us for being in Iraq.

1st is was WMDs

2nd is was regime change

3rd it was spreading democracy

now it is to fight terrorism

how can any soldier believe we went there to protect America...as opposed to, maybe, corporate interest?

We fought in other countries during WW1&2 because once we were drawn in...it was about protecting our allies...and especially in WW2 it was about putting a stop to the consolidation of of countries by the Nazis. Before we invaded Iraq, Rice & Powell, were both recorded stating that Saddam Hussein was impotent and not a threat. 3 months later its all about "45 minutes to a mushroom cloud" and neither the public, the press, nor the politicians asked the tough questions like..."Uhm...how did he become so powerful in the last 3 months?"

If we TRULY wanted to protect America...we'd listen to what the Radical Islamics say about why they are attacking instead of listening to partisan rhetoric. bin Laden has said it many times...Infidels on Islamic land. And the violence started once we posted troops in Saudi Arabia. Most, if not all, of our troops are now gone from SA to other arab lands. As long as we are there...we will be their number one enemy.

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

when you kill the innocents the terrorists hide amongst...you multiply, exponentially, the number of terrorists you must kill.

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

The Viet Cong never attacked us on our own soil. A bunch of gutless p.o.s. terrorists did. If we had pursued them into Saudi Arabia, all of you whiners would be saying, " well, if we are going to pursue them, why don't we do it in Iraq so we can get Saddaam at the same time".

But because that's the way it was decided, you Liberal whine asses have to take the other side. I've yet to hear from a troop that doesn't beleive in what we are doing there. I also am pretty fond of broccoli.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I like it sauteed in oil also.

11. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

After all these years, I think I have it figured out!

G.H.W. Bush does not like broccoli. It was his intent, as much as possible, to disrupt the world supply (wrote I with tongue implanted firmly in cheek!).

Best,
    Dennis

12. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Good God fellows, what has happened to patriotism? Divide and you will conquer. You don't have to like it or agree with it but that's what we Americans are in involved in. I just wish we would go kick ass and quit screwing around like we did in Nam. Richard Grunt 1955-1959

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

we did not pursue the terrorists back to Iraq...we pursued them to Afghanistan.

THey then followed us to Iraq.

I, like Dick Cheney(circa 1994), Brent Scowcroft, George Bush Sr., the War Colleges and many others, thought it would be nightmare if we took out Hussein.

I, like Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, David Kay, and others, thought that Hussein was rendered fairly impotent after PG I.

Of my group of close peers...I was the only one against the war. 2 years after the invasion, even my Bush loving friends are embarrassed they voted for him, embarrassed that they believed what the politicians (dem & repub) were feeding them, embarrassed that they believed what the media (CNN, Fox, NYTimes, WSJ) were telling them.

Taking out a secular arab buffer zone between Iran & Israel was inviting disaster. Well...sho' nuf...we got disaster.

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Hey Rev,

Beleive it or not, allot changed between 1994 and 2001.

i also didn't forget about Afghanistan- just really don't see how it's relevant. We're in Iraq.

Who really gives a rats ass about your close group of peers' supposed opinion?

PG1 was over in 1992, that's 10 yrs. to rebuild before we visited Saddaam again. What do you think that he was just sitting on his hands?

The terrorists the followed us to Iraq? You can't be serious. That's hysterical! Like Iraq was terrorist free before that? OMG I'm lauging so hard!!!!!!!!

15. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

blizzard (aka dog poop for brains) says -

"I've yet to hear from a troop that doesn't beleive in what we are doing there."

How about these troops -

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/opinion/19jayamaha.html?em&ex=1187668800&en=02a8021d797ac8b1&ei=5087%0A

Of course that's the same blizzard who was brought up to 'put up or shut up', but does neither.

16. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

jnoe,

Why is it that your posts always seem to follow rev's? Are you friends, do you look out for one another? Or is it something " more "?

I'm sure that if it came from the New Jew Times, it must be 100% accurate and un-biased.

"Of course that's the same blizzard who was brought up to 'put up or shut up', but does neither."- jnoewhiner

Care to ellaborate when I didn't put up or shut up? and remember, jnoetroll, you turned this thread nasty, not I.

17. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"Care to ellaborate when I didn't put up or shut up?"

Why sure blizzard dpfb. You said that you wouldn't post here any more.

"and remember, jnoetroll, you turned this thread nasty, not I."

As in when you wished I would get ass cancer?

And remember when you claimed a dog had crapped on your head? You must have meant to say "in".

As far as rev, just ask you pal, paladumb. Rev, sammie, I and a half dozen others are all the same person, according to him LMAO!

18. grammie

grammie TS Member

Presley Moore:

Its modern technology that is making the differance in soldiers attitudes!!!!

In vietnam,,,calling home after a firefight was UNHEARD OF!!!! Now,,a man can engage the enemy,,,kill a few,,then withdraw,,catch a bite to eat,,,and then call home and ask their moms or wives what they're eating for supper!!!! They get real time pictures,,,real time video clips,,,and you know as well as I--------there is nothing worse,,nothing that makes you feel like shit,,more than getting or staying close to loved ones,,,make beleive everythings allright,,,and then "saddle up" and go into the madhouse!!!! Its no wonder the incidents of suicide are up.......

And what they get in return is news,,,,,news of americans views and anger,,,the soldiers know how americans feel about George Bush!!!! They "know" the majority of americans want to pull out!!! Very few of those soldiers want to get killed for glory or for Texas,,,or for oil......

AKA Grammie..............

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

What's dpfb? Is this like where the teenage girl like is like having the like cell phone argument with like her mom. Grow up you moron.

I never said that I would quit posting. Why do you want that so bad, jnoe? Can't take the heat? The ass cancer thing was settled long ago. What are you bored? No Life? Get lost, troll.

Brett D.

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

As do I, Joe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.