1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

America has brand-new Benedict Arnold

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts
    He single-handedly delivered the swing vote to approve Obamacare and perhaps even crushed the American health system that has been the envy of the world.

WND has selected U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts Jr. for its first-ever Benedict Arnold Award.

“There are lots of bad guys out there who would qualify as ‘Villain of the Year,’ but precious few candidates for the ‘Benedict Arnold Award,’” explained WND Vice President and Managing Editor David Kupelian. “Benedict Arnold, after all, was a good guy; he was an American general in the Revolutionary War who fought valiantly on behalf of the Continental Army – that is, until, for reasons yet unknown, he defected to the British side and betrayed the cause he had formerly served.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/america-has-brand-new-benedict-arnold/#HZIe5UgGGlHc5FzE.99

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bulge- they arent supposed to decide cases based on their political agenda

They are supposed to decide cases based on the law

Roberts is a straight as they come

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

I don't think he was on this one Gene. JMHO. Mike.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Eugene would have been a better choice but Roberts will do.

5. g7777777

Galt must have flown him on a high security airline flight and was impressed- I am not sure if that changes my opinion of Roberts or not

But what Roberts was really doing here- other than cementing the honesty of the Supreme Court process was to say- hey this type of stuff has been done before and the need to tax is part of an orderly society.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Roberts is just like Eugene...he calls 'em like he sees 'em.

7. drgondog

drgondog Member

Guys - I hated the decision but I understand what Roberts did in his opinion - and why Ginsburg and Sotomyer and Kagan were pissed.

He killed the Commerce clause for another attempted end run on forcing citizens to 'buy' anything.

8. g7777777

Roberts also laid out actions needed to kill Obama care that would survive Court scrutiny

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. wayno

wayno TS Member

i congratulate the usual suspects for their surprising ability to appreciate the requirements placed upon a scotus justice in the orderly administration of our jurisprudence.

wayne harrison
    greensboro nc

10. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Keep them coming i'm on a learning curve. Interesting points of view. Bulge.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Now that was a funny way of saying absolutely nothing wayno- great job. Did somebody steal your shift key?

OK, Gene, now it's time for you to say nothing too.

12. g7777777

Barker states "More government intrusion has been placed on the US citizen through application of the commerce clause than through taxes"

If he read the opinion Barker would have some better idea of the legality of the commerse clause he apparently doesnt like.

Of course the intrusion that Barker apparently misses entirely account for health and saftey regulation, roads, schools, bridges, courts, city and national governments, his social security and medicare amoung thousands upon thousands of other services and facilities that he uses on a daily basis

I am sure Barker uses all of these but I might be wrong

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. g7777777

Barker- there have been 90 years of court cases on Commerce Clause cases - you really are behind the times

How do you think government buildings and regulatory activities are paid for? So you think it is all normal taxation huh?

Do you have any pictures of your youngerself testifying?

I am sure Galt and Aprice would like to see

Where do you think the regulation and safety and money come from for you to enjoy the things you are given?

Please look for those pictures and post

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Gene, Gene, Gene, Try to understand that just because stupid thoughts pop into your empty head doesn't mean that you have to let them escape.

Roberts won the award and no excuses can change that so get over it. His conservative courtmates didn't share his tortured logic. The fact that Gene agrees with his logic is proof positive that it was wrong. Case closed.

15. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Did Roberts kill the commerce clause as a tool of the left to defeat constitutional limits, or not? Because if he did that is a far greater victory than defeating obamacare could ever be. Obamacare can still be legislatively undone but defeating the abuse of the commerce clause by leftist politicians defeats ten thousand abuses of the constitution.

16. schneep

schneep Member

Gunless gutless coward Galt joins a posting and says nothing as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.