1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

America being fattened for...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

America is being given it's own set of mental issues. Apart from the gun issue what else are the progressive's activities...

school uniforms -- yields --- one mind for all - thought control youth

organic food -- results in --- low yields less food, higher prices

noise ordinances -- results in -- people MORE sensitive to loud noises

low body fat -- results in -- unshielded vital organs, fast starvation

obamacare -- results in -- poor or little medical care -- death squads

gun control -- results in -- defenseless citizens

that's off the top of my head...what do you say?

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

Don't Yield, Flip the PC police off, ignore the 'conventional wisdom', bring your friends and family into solid planning for Contingencies - and Have a Plan.

3. rpeerless

Thanks, didn't mean yield in that way. Corrected to 'yields' or 'results in' to better make my point.

4. tammike

tammike Member

low body fat -- results in -- unshielded vital organs, fast starvation

LMAO. I love this one, thanks

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'll weigh in on the organic food issue. If the worlds' agriculture industry were to convert to 100% organic practice, which would take a minimum 4 years to reach full organic status, there would be world wide famine. There simply aren't enough arable acres of productive farmland on this planet to grow organic food for 7 billion people.
    I speak with some experience on this matter. I farmed in southern Alberta (Canada) for 35 years and used minimum tillage for the last 20 years. I grew spring and winter wheat, durum wheat, canola and my favorite crop, malting barley. Many of the farmers I knew who attempted to go organic went broke doing it.

Ron Burr

Lethbridge, Alberta

6. digdug13

digdug13 Member

there was a little man across the pond that did many of these things.

7. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

I am not catholic, but I disagree with the school uniform issue. These schools by and large have less discipline problems and probably better teamwork. The good far outweighs the negatives. Armies have uniforms for many good reasons. ed

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

College education -- results in -- no ability to think outside the box the professors put you in

Removing God from His place -- results in -- The present calamity's of The USA

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Ron You are correct I have been involved in farming all my life, although not much now, just enough to keep me out of trouble

I will say I was and still am a good supporter of you malted barley though LOL

I will never have to worry about low body fat though

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Catpower....I'm retired since 2007 but still live on my farm and am still an ardent supporter of the malting barley industry by product...but lately have become enamored of wheat ales too...

Ron Burr

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe in uniforms for schools. I'm old fashioned, OK. But it cuts down on dress issues, shopping hassles, and some hazing. It puts the kids on an even keel. My kids wore uniforms in Episcopal school, grades 1-8. I had to wear a coat and tie to school, and I think I turned out OK. LOL.

12. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

"I disagree with the school uniform issue. These schools (Catholic-Private) by and large have less discipline problems and probably better teamwork"

1. The parents are paying more than just their property taxes to send their children to private school so its inherent that there will be better "teamwork" overall at the school because they want to be there.

2. Private schools can/do kick out students for any disciplinary actions they want meaning there are consequences and the school is not liable to pay for the student to receive an "alternative" education. Hence discipline is inherently better because they remove any problem student.

Public schools HAVE to take everyone including students with no parents, parental oversight, any type of values, etc.... so sometimes the only "teamwork" is student's teachers. These kids don't want to be there and their parents don't give a shit other than its babysitting. They are not home helping with homework like you.

Public schools HAVE to find alternative education if they want to expel a discipline problem, they can not just remove a student and kick them to the curb to find another alternative education. The public school district (you, Joe Taxpayer)has to pay for the alternative education which is highway robbery. 50k or more to send discipline students to an "alternative" school. Because of this... most discipline cases remain in the schools. Most of these discipline cases have no parents or parents that don't give a shit, are just as horrible as the student, and most likely demanding more entitlements. Because of this, suspensions, detentions, etc.... have absolutely no effect in bringing the student back into line with normal student behavior.

Uniforms mean squat. In fact you "Joe Tax Payer" will probably have to pay for entitlements as many students in a mandatory uniforms public schools will get their uniforms for free. Then they won't wear them or won't wear them correctly thus causing MORE of a discipline problem that can not be handled because of what I said above.

Trust me on this, uniforms only make more of a problem. They don't make for a better disciplined student body. TRUST ME. The only kids being punished with a Uniform dress code are the law abiding students. The discipline problem kids and their families don't give a shit and won't wear them anyway and say "what are you going to do about it". Once again, there is NO carrot or consequence as the public schools hands are tied as the school can't afford to send 10-20 kids of a 2,000 student body to alternative school. That's 750k A YEAR to get rid of a discipline problem and its taking 750k away from the good kids. 11k to educate the good kid compared to 61k (11k + the 50k to send him to Alt. School)

catholic and private schools don't have to deal with discipline, they can just kick them back to the pub school, keep your money and let Joe Taxpayer deal with him.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but saying catholic schools don't have discipline problems because its a "catholic" school is BS.

13. rpeerless

Yes, in Catholic school uniforms can signify 'one mind', Catholic, but when it was said in the public school discourse, whose one mind were they talking about? Also it was said that uniforms throughout history were never a bad thing. This was countered with Hitler youth and it was poo-pooed.

Who better than you, knows how to dress your kid and what looks good on him or her? Why would you let someone else dress your kid(s)?

Also, ironically, the Catholic schools in town countered with, you guessed it, no uniforms. They were totally full to capacity.

14. rpeerless

Meatless diet--- results in---less agression, easy brainwashing (high carbs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.