1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ambitious + Religious + V____a = SCARY!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by GW22, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Isn't it fascinating that any politician with these three characteristics still scares the hell out of about 40% of men?

And what's even more fascinating to me is that, in this day and age, it also scares the hell out of about 60% of WOMEN.

Palin isn't all that bright from an intellectual standpoint, but she's no dumber than George W. Bush. She's a decent and successful woman. And just look how mercilessly she's been attacked, and how she is almost universally hated by women, except for the most hard-core conservatives.

And now Bachmann. Bachmann has degrees from three different universities, she's a lawyer and a tax expert and a Representative in the U.S. Congress. While doing all this, she also raised her own kids plus helped raise dozens of foster kids. And yet even non-Liberals dislike her and make up lies about her.

Why are people so insecure that they feel threatened by accomplished, ambitious and decent women? I guess I understand why unsuccessful men feel threatened, but what about other women? And what about successful men? They wouldn't feel this way about a male with these exact same characteristics. So why with a woman?

-Gary

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Don't forget...Doctor Bachmann

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

The Societal, Cultural, Sexual, and Political Pendulum never rests! There's that...OR you could always "blame it on the Bossa Nova."

The Phantom

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Correct Blade819 -- Bachmann holds a Juris Doctorate and a Master of Laws degree.

Compare these credentials to those of the people who call her "stupid."

-Gary

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If the liberals and media has scrutinized and villainized Zero the Clown like they have Palin and Bachmann, he never would have been elected.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When people attack, they are usually trying to bring the attackee down to their level. They don't try to bring them up. It is because of their own insecurities, mentally the attackers are weak. Bulge.

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I am curious. How do you measure or relate to IQ?

Have you ever read the book "Emotional Intelligence?"

I have always found it fascinating to run into "smart" people, very well read and high I.Q.'s, but dumber than a box of rocks trying to live their day to day lives and getting along with other people.

On the other hand, I have met average people, who see right through problems and fix them quietly, with very little trouble.

Do we put too much emphasis on people we consider smart and to little on people who go around unnoticed, yet have an inner peace, able to do battle and survive without excessive or collateral damage to others?

Look at Obama. Harvard law professor. Supposed to be exremely intelligent, yet freezes up like a snake in the middle of January, struck with paralysis, and unable to think outside the box, because he learned only one way to do things and that was the way of Lenin and Marx.

People say Bush was dumb? He had trouble speaking and said some creative Bushisms, but other people do that and it might be considered a speech impediment. I have heard that there are some people who get tongue tied easily, they do so because they are very capable of having two separate thought patterns at the same time, or the patterns move so quickly, they cannot keep up.

Oh, and by the way, live in the spotlight 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for 8 years and see how level headed you are and never make a slip.

Bush got us through some difficult times during and after 911. If it happened on Obama's watch, I think you might have found him curled up under his desk sucking his thumb. Wait isn't he doing that now?

I think some are selling Palin and Bachmann a little short. They have the ability to cut through the BS and all the king's ministers to figure out what needs to be done. Do I think they are smarter than most? No, but I think they think with common sense.

Someone who talks with eloquence to explain the problem, yet dosen't have a clue how to fix it, is of no use to me.

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Excellent Rick. Bulge.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Rick:

Yes, I have read Emotional Intelligence. I also took a graduate level course of the same title, and had my own Emotional Intelligence tested by The Hay Group. So I appreciate what you're saying.

I also hold a degree in engineering, so I've been to school with people who are absolutely brilliant in math, science and abstract thought. So brilliant in fact, that it made me realize just how rudimentary my own abilities in those areas really were. And you're right -- that type of brilliance doesn't necessarily have any correlation with leadership or vision. But it doesn't necessarily exclude it either. A few people are blessed with both intellectual brilliance and leadership skills. Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich are like that to a degree. But then there's the whole "morally bankrupt" issue that they suffer from.

And when you're talking about intelligence and education, don't ever forget the humbling lessons offered by Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein. Neither of them had any formal education credentials but their intelligence and accomplishments were mind-boggling.

But back to the point -- I wonder what accomplishments they would have enjoyed if they were female? At the top level of politics, how much has really changed?

-Gary

10. Rick Barker

Neither did Abe Lincoln. Do think we would elect him today?

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

No way. Lincoln's physical appearance would never survive television or the superficial and ignorant nature of the modern American voter.

-Gary

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Cleopatra, Helen, Golda Meir, Margaret Thatcher, Benazir Bhutto...all golden threads in the constantly moving, ever growing and changing tapestry of the human experience.

When it finally sank into the rigid American psyche that the stain on Monica Lewinsky's dress was actually Bill Clinton's spilled manhood, there was hardly the slightest sense of outrage. It became immediately and tragically apparent that the event was not cause for consternation, but instead, celebration. The closet doors swung open with force. "If the prez can get blow-jobs from interns half his age in the sanctity of the Oval Office, then it is officially 'open season' on any kind of deviant behavior that the most deviant in society can perpetrate."

Our social, cultural, sexual, and political pendulum is always in motion...it never rests. At this moment, it is at its lowest point in its arch and it is being etched by the venom and acid that is always found in the bottom of the pit. When simple things become existential threats, weak, rudderless people usually sink deeper in the puke. It is our job to recognize the difference between the weak and the rudderless and the strong and the successful.

I have noticed that there are a lot of members here at Trapshooter.Com who have made quite a market of putting Sarah Palin down. The word "stupid" comes to mind as maybe one of the nicest things some of you have had to say about her. Some of you guys fall into that weak and rudderless group I mentioned earlier. You have employed the kind of mob mentality that results from a cultural implosion like the one we witnessed during the Clinton-Lewinsky saga. You know, "anything goes, no holds barred, all's fair."

I have to ask this question:would one of our female members ever consider contributing a thread entitled, "Ambitious+Religious+Penis=SCARY!" and refer directly to Rick Perry in their post?

Maybe the answer is simple...and maybe the answer is complex...I'm just glad that the pendulum never rests.

Respectfully,

Kit

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Kit:

I'm begging you, man -- please start posting two or three drinks earlier and you'll be BRILLIANT!

Bottoms UP,

Gary :)

14. Rick Barker

WS-1

Excellent.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Gary,Rick and Kit. Excellent posts. Jackie B.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Thank you, Jackie. Mine, unlike Kit's, were crafted with a practically street-legal blood-alcohol content.

-Gary

17. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Rick and Jackie B.,

Thank you for the support and encouragement. Alas, my learned friend Gary has erred regarding the status of my sobriety. I quit drinking and smoking ON THE SAME DAY over 20 years ago and have not had a smoke or a drink since that day. I am thrice blessed:in fact I stay intoxicated on life.

Now, to my friend Gary:nanny-nanny-boo-boo!

18. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Kit,
    Good post.
    Thank you,

Joe

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

One attacks what it can't equal

20. PowellCoho

PowellCoho Member

I disagree, entirely. I also think Michele Bachmann is not that intelligent - wouldn't call her dumb - just seems real, real short on common sense and ingenuity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.