1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ithaca33, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ithaca33

ithaca33 Member

Its amazing to me that it took me about 8 months to run my first strait and now it seems, I can do it all the time.

Last Sunday, after 8 months of trying, I ran my first 25 strait. It was during a league shoot and my Girl was there watching so it was nice and I was pretty excited about it. Then Tuesday I hit the field in the AM to get some practice in and I shoot 25-24-25-25......... I know I should just be happy (and believe me I am!!!) but it seems amazing that all of a sudden it just came together for me.

Let's hope these scores keep coming :)

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The next thing that comes is the "reality check". I have been broadsided by it numerous times. Just when you start feeling really good about your shooting and how its progressing, Mr. Reality steps in and smacks ya backwards. Its all fun.

3. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

I know what you mean. I hit my first 25 straight a few months ago and have since done it a bunch of times. Then 2 weeks ago I hit my first 50 straight and I already did it again the following weekend. Hoping for 75 then 100! Good shooting!

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Better keep bringing your Girl if you want to keep going straight.

Honestly....We dont really care how you shoot but we do want you too keep bringing the girl :)

Congrats,
    Mark

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

What grntitan said. I usually run at least 25 once a shoot. In May it was the 31st before I got a 25. Have no idea what I was doing wrong. Back on track in June and have no idea what I'm doing right. Mike

6. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Excellence is a journey, not a destination. Shooting well is not getting to the top of the mountain, it's more like riding a bull. The best we can hope for is to stay on the ride as long as possible until we eventually get bucked off. Take a mental snapshot of where you are now, and bask in the feeling of success. Then get ready for the alarm clock to go off, just when the dream is getting good. The best in any sport have the ability to keep the hiccups to minimum and manifest good results from confidence and skill. I hope it continues for you for a long time.

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Great. Now it's time to start gambling a little bit to make it REALLY fun!

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.