1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Wrong Here??? A Thread w/ Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SevenMaryThree, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Lets say you receive an unsolicited email from a forum fellow who is interested in an item you have. The item isn't necessarily for sale per se, but hey...everything I own is for sale.

You strike a deal to make a petty trade...your item for his 150 "once fired" 28 ga. AA HS hulls. You agree to the terms of the deal and send your package on its' way.

This is what shows up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sure, some of them may be "once fired," but it would also be fair to further state that these were probably picked up from a gravel field 4 months after dove season ended and then stored in a box outside.

Many of these are covered in gooey black tar. Most of them look like they've been sitting outside on the ground under a chicken coop for a couple of months. Almost all of them are packed with foreign matter; to wit feathers, bug nests, and debris....especially feathers. Some of them have obviously been reloaded. Many have rusty primer pockets. Most of these have been outside so long that the plastic has become brittle.

What would you do?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That's a dirty deal. Post his name so others can avoid dealing with him.

-Gary

3. pullll

pullll Member

You will be encouraged to publish the name of the person and I am the first to ask you to do just that.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Damn you'd be tickled pink with the hulls i have sold. I'm a picky SOB. That's pretty bad. I'd be quite upset.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Have a civil conversation with the other person and try to work something out. Everyone has a different view of condition. If something can't be worked out to mutual satisfaction then post his name for all here to see.

I will always give a person the benefit of the doubt before taking any further action.

ss

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

try short shucker's suggestion first. then post his ass....

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

ASk the dude what he is smoking or drinking, might be good stuff!

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Well they were once fired, twice fired, thrice fired, stepped on left in the rain, and so on and so on.... Perhaps this person does not know the true meaning of "once fired?"

I would attempt to work it out between you two and if that does not work, then chop him of at the knees.

I have to admit I laughed when I first read your post..... How could anyone even think of that?

SW

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Least he could have done was to wash them in a tub with some soap and water to clean them up.

Eric

10. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I agree with short shucker and the ones below even though I would be pissed also but I would still get his reaction first before I smeared his name on here he might not know better maybe someone gave them to him and said they was once fired.

But then again im sure you will be able to tell if he replies back to you and try and make it right you can also mention what others said on here maybe he needs a reality check and let him know that if this is his regular practice then he won't last long because someone knows someone else and it don't take long before the word gets around.

I think you was polite in your thread im sure he got better stuff from you but if and when he replies and you are not satisfied then by all means let us all know who not to do any dealings with.

But I think he will see the light and make it right if he is any kind of a shooter at all.

Foggy!!

11. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

He replied back straight away...and was completely indignant.

Here's part of his reply -

"I can assure you those hulls are once fired by myself. I used them in actual field hunting situations. Therefore, many may have been toted around in my game bag for a day or two and consequently lost their "pristine" shine. Of course they may have dirt, feathers and other debris...they are used hulls, what did you expect. They were not as you claim "picked up off some gravel road" or stored "outside under a chicken coop." But I'll overlook your childish bickering and whining..."

[​IMG]

And then he agreed to pay me for my item as well as shipping costs.

Since he agreed to pony up, I will not post his name or ShotgunWorld user name here. Yet. However, for your future reference it has been my unfailing experience that anyone who signs their name 'Xxxx Xxxxx, PhD' and is not a physician will undoubtedly be a douche nozzle of the highest order.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds like a used car in the Nickel Ads:

"Yessir, this here car for sale only has 10,000 miles on it. Completely reliable."

Then neglects to mention it's been rear ended and has salt rust.

13. glenns

glenns Member

Is this a joke thread?

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

SevenMaryThree Ok have no clue what indignant means maybe Ingornat well I guess the thread made him respond and it sounded like he was the childest one here to me.

Anyway since he replied so fast then don't post his name but if any one sends you a private message asking if so and so is ok to deal with then do it in a private message ok im not going to be buying any hull's anyway.

Ok after thinking about it he seem's to make it look like all the once fired was from him and just a day or two in the bag come on I don't believe that at all I think it was in a card board box and fowl resting on top of them.

Ok im a Rooster so I know.

Foghorn Leghorn!!

15. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Well,at least this thread made me jump over to youtube for some Seven Mary Three music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNn4bbbgSw

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

You should post the seller's name even though he has offered to repay. There's no doubt that the seller intended to defraud you and has only offered to repay so you will not publish his name.

This type of person should be treated like the thief and low life he really is.

Curt
    [​IMG]

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

How much "money" was involved?

If it was $20 or less, I'd call it a life lesson. Sorta like the 3 AR mags I bought once that were "new in the wrapper". Except they were in ziplock bags (labeled) and the spot welds on the spines of two of them didn't take. (Wasn't someone off of TS.com). Sorry for your bad luck.

18. Smoke 1

Smoke 1 Banned User Banned

You guys on here have too much itchy trigger fingers. We are not talking a K-80 Special here. If you are not satisfied with the deal ask for your money back. I'm sure he won't refuse. If so - a lesson learned and a cheap one at that. Hang Him High is for the movies..

19. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

ran2900, it makes no difference if a man gets took for 10 dollars or 10,000 dollars, a crook is still a crook.

GneJ

20. dverna

dverna Active Member

Actually, if a man will "defraud" on a $20 deal he is even more dangerous on a $10,000 deal.

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.