1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AM I IN THE VERY SMALL PERCENTILE??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

DELETE

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

My 3rd grade daughter came home with homework yesterday, she had to come up with a question and then write a paragraph explaining the answer.. why does it snow, how does the wind blow..stuff like that.. my suggestion was.. did we land on the moon? of course we didnt.. I started telling her all the reasons that everything was faked.. well my wife would have any of that.. she grabbed the lap top and proceeded to prove me wrong.. she never did.. but of course the site she was reading was from some goverment agency.. I told her first off if the goverment says it.. its a lie.. second.. there are no stars in the pictures, no moon dust on the landing feet of the craft, no craters blown out under the craft where the jets eased it down on the moons surface.. well.. she kept reading and finally said... It says right here.. only a very very small percentage of people think we didnt land on the moon.. I just wonder if it is actually a very small percentage that dont beleive it.. btw.. she did the paragraph on how does it snow..

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

You are giving the govt way to much credit to think they could pull off a hoax like that and keep it a secret for over 40 years. GET REAL

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

He probably believes the International Space Station is on a sound stage in Hollywood also and that the Russians are co-conspiritors in that venture also. How people come up with those ideas is beyond me.

Eric

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Me thinks someone has watched, "Capricorn One", one too many times. I'll bet that you also think O.J. was framed? LOL.

ss

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes blkcloud, you are in a very small minority in not believing that man has been to the moon. But the numbers are growing, as are the numbers of people who failed to graduate high school, people who can't do rudimentary math, people who never passed a class in Logic or Physics, and people who believe in numerology, etc. Ignorance and lack of education is growing like a weed in this country, so if having more company is your goal, stand your ground.

If on the other hand you really want to know the truth, go to YouTube and watch "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon." The link to Part 1 is posted above. Watch it with your family. Be entertained by it. It's FUN. Enjoy watching very clever people try to fool you into thinking you were fooled before. It's the ultimate of example of having someone "Piss on your head, and tell you it's raining."

But after watching and enjoying it, then try to use your logical thinking ability to resolve each piece of "evidence" pointed out in the movie. Pretty much all of the "debunking" in this movie has been debunked in reverse by people who are a bit more thoughtful and educated than the hucksters who made the movie, but it's still a fun exercise.

If you don't have time or interest in point-by-point analysis, just ponder the broader questions: Of all the technological advances made in the past 42 years, certainly other countries would have either gone to the moon... OR discovered that it was impossible to have done so back in 1969, right? So, was the Soviet Union in on the elaborate hoax (later I mean, even if they were the original purpose of it)? Was Red China in on it too, back when we weren't trading with them but they had had plenty of time to uncover the hoax? India too? Do you really believe that the greatest and most broadly public hoax in the history of mankind could have been kept a total secret for 42 years? If so, then are the modern missions deep into space, to other plantes and beyond, where they sent back digital pictures and scientific data also a hoax? If you think the answer is yes, then you have added hundreds of thousands of trained scientists and engineers who have all either been duped or willingly kept the secret. How? How could all these brilliant people, in this country and others, have been duped or made to keep the secret over 42 years? Wouldn't one of them have wanted to go down in history by famously blowing the lid off and enlightening the world? And making millions of dollars from it?

I can't watch the news without some shameless ho-bag telling me that she snorted coke with Charlie Sheen and that he banged her six ways from Sunday, but this elaborate moon landing hoax, covering five decades of research and review by hundreds of thousands of the brightest humans alive, has been kept a complete secret by everyone? And by everyone on all sides of both politics and science?

Please.

-Gary

7. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

OK so we did land on the moon.. NOW I'm trying to figure out why there is always a white van parked just down the road from my shop... LOL

8. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

Ask Buzz Aldern If we landed on the moon? He is the second man to walk there
    here is a video of a guy who doesn't believe it happened and and called him a lair and coward.not something I would do

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.