1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aluminum Speed Loaders

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by MTA Tom, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

These got a good recommendation on a revolver shooting forum. There supposed to be lighter than HKS. I ordered two, and will let you know how they work.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tom, They look very nice. Do let us know as I am interested in some for myself as well. Break-em all. Jeff

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

0   0   0

Same here, I am interested as well. Sure looks sharp in the picture!!!

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...other than a pretty machining marvel and additional weight, what is the advantage over what Brownells has???

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

Well, we'll find out when mine arrive. Some thoughts:

1. They may be lighter and stronger than other speed loaders. The revolver forum claimed they were lighter than HKS speedloaders;

2. The fluted form may make for more positive handling;

3. With the free shipping, they may be cheaper than other speed loaders. Most are $14.95 delivered;

4. They make a .410/.45C model for Taurus Judge revolvers;

5. They look cool.

[​IMG]

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The spring loaded ones are the best, the ones that inject the rounds into the cylinder. HMB

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

hmb, exactly what is it you're talking about, brand? Source? I've been looking for those...

Bruce

8. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

I have always used Safariland comp 3's. It has been years since I bought any so I dont know how the price compares to those great looking aluminum ones.

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

Safariland Comp III's are $20.00 at Brownell's.

The Comp I's that hmb referred to are $13.75.

[​IMG]

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

0   0   0

For Safailand speedloaders try these guys. They have better prices than Brownells and free shipping.

11. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

0   0   0

Are Dade the ones that have the spring around the outside?

12. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

For the average joe, HKS speedloaders from Brownells are cheap, even if you don't have an account. They weigh 7 grams each. How much to the aluminum jobbies weigh? The HKS unit is black - I guess the alum ones can be powder coated???

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bruce,

The picture that Big Dave has is the one I'm talking about. Safariland Mark 111 Model J-K2S. HMB

14. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

The two aluminum speedloaders I ordered on 2-20 from "H-D Bagger Latches" arrived in the mail today. The manufacturer's web site refers to these as Billet Speedloaders.

These two are 5-shot loaders for S&W 640, Taurus 85, etc. They appear to be very high quality. Each weighs approximately 50 grains more than the comparable HKS model, but this is probably insignificant relative to the weight of the cartridges. The Billet's body and handle measure 1.04 inches from top to bottom compared to 1.31 for the HKS. The hexagonal Billet handle is much wider, .75 inch to .57. The body of the Billet and HKS are the same width at the widest points, although the Billet's fluting gives it a smaller volume.

The Billet uses the same cartridge retention and release system as the HKS, but you turn the handle counterclockwise to release the Billet, clockwise on the HKS. Spring pressure is slightly less on the Billet ball detent, so the handle is slightly easier to turn. I don't know yet whether this is an issue for cartridge retention.

I believe the Billet's fluted body and larger handle make for more positive handling, and easier retrieval if carried in a pocket. One other minor advantage is that the back is completely open making it easy to read the cartridge head stamp. The back is partially closed on the HKS.

The web site still lists these for $14.95 delivered.

[​IMG]

15. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

0   0   0

Got mine today for 357 mag and it is a great product. I will order 3 more.

16. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
aluminum speedloaders

dade speedloaders for sale