1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

aluminum boat swivel seats

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by powderburn, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hey guys,
    Ok, I'm finally tired of my bench seats in the boat. I'm ready for some good seats. Anybody have any ideas on good brands of seats and a semi-permanant clamp on system? Don't really want to be drilling any holes, and don't want chinsy poorly made crap that wont hold up. Any ideas or pics would be great.
    Thanks for all who reply!
    -powderburn

2. sharhope

sharhope Member

DOnt know what type of boat you have but on my 17 1/2 foot flat hull river duck boat I took all that stuff out and just use the folding camo seats. gives you lost of deck space reasonably comfortable cheap etc

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I had factory swivel seats in an old 14' deep vee Star Craft Mariner with console steering. This was a nice boat and the 40 HP Mariner on it would fly.

However, while the swivel seats were comfortable, the metal on metal contact inside the pedestal tubes was noisy. Grease helped but they always seemed to squeak whenever I turned to face another direction.

I have a larger bass boat but for my 12' car topper john boat, I use the big throw type life preserver seat cushions on the thwart seats. I have tried the various clamp on type seats but did not like them.

Small aluminum boats have a tendency to roll and the fixed type seat backs on a swivel were never quick enough to compensate for the roll.

If your boat is large enough, I would go with the Kingpin seat bases and seats as recommended by Doda.

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.