1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternatives to our current leadership

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Please don't turn this into a pi$$ing match!!!

The wife and I are watching some of the CPAC convention this last week and trying to think of our (conservative) cnadidates that we could support in the next presidential election.

Sarah is wonderful in our minds, but the media crucified her and mccain did nothing to support her or let her be herself in the interviews. He was her at almost every public appearance so her conservativeness was kept in check. I lost some respect for McCain after his little stunt. I think she need some time in DC as a rep or sen to get rid of the moniker, "No Experience", which we never understood in comparison to the other party's candidates.

Newt Gingrich,,,,my memory is a little bad as I cannot remember exactly WHY he gave up his speakership,,,,there was the affair and something about a book deal,,,,but I cannot remember the details. He HAS the charisma to debate and doesn't seem like he would stumble like our last candidate.

Huckabee,,,,kind of weak on illegal immigration but can't remember other BAD things about him

Romney,,,,people had some problem with his Mormonism,,,,never really bothered us, but it seemed to REALLY bother others to where they could not support him. He seems to be able to hold his own in interviews...

Thompson, Guilani, Hunter, Gindall, et. al.,,,,each seem to have ONE thing that some come off and say they can't support,,,,

While I may not like EVERYTHING about these I am fearful enough of what will be left with in 3 years and 10 months, that maybe I should start thinking about who I am going to supoprt financially and verbally.

Gingrich is probably my first choice at this time, but want to know what the problem(s) were when he was speaker. He seems to be the most Reaganesque of all of them and his "DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW, PAY LESS", calling rinos out for what they are, and his ability to motivate, captivate and a total UNDERSTANDING, puts him at the top of my list right now.

Thanks for the input.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

2012 can't come around fast enough for me, but it is still a long way off. There will probably be somebody come out of the darkness that we haven't heard of that will catch our fancy.

We need a strong party platform: term limits, fair tax, illegal immigration, return to freedom.

The media is going to cruficy any individual that even thinks about challenging Lord Obama. How dare he or she even think about running against Barack for his God given right for a 2nd term. That is why we need a good candidate will a solid platform behind him/her.

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

ron paul had it right in last years elections.
    hopefully a somewhat charismatic conservative real earth candidate will appear in time to win the next election.

4. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Romney was my guy for this last election, and I cannot figure out how he was so easily dismissed. We can elect a Muslim, but not support a Mormon? I knew Mormons growing up and I can say without hesitation these were decent, religiously committed people with kind hearts and sincere intent. Romney has a strong economic background and speaks just as well as the huckster/grifter in the White House right now. I have nothing but respect and thanks for McCain's service to our country, and as much as I think he would be an outstanding President, he was not the best horse for the race.

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

What we better be first concerned with is 2010, and getting some Senate seats under some conservative hind ends. J.Woolsey

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

woolsey, I was going to say the very same thing.

So far Romney is the best. I'm not real sure about how deeply the tentacles of Washington have grown into him, and don't like the idea of a pre owned President.

One of the big things that got Obumba in was the torrent of money from anonymous overseas credit card donors.

That has to be stopped. You know damn well Soros and his ilk bankrolled that operation.

I think the lack of transparency in campaign financing has dealt this country a rabbit punch.

HM

7. bigdogtx

Can someone tell me what went/is wrong with Newt? Mitt is my other choice as I had no problem with his religion....

2010 is TREMENDOUSLY IMPORTANT as well,,,but the campaign for president will need to start next year in order to gain momentum and we will need the charisma so they don't get fored with them....

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There are plenty of Governors who are appealing besides Jindal. Stanford of South Carinia and Pawlenty of Minnesota come to mind. Even Schwatrzeneger! Afetr all you no obviously don't have to be a native-born American to qualify. Look at the present imposter - oh, I meant incumbent.

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

The correct person has not presented themselves yet.

10. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

My choice would be Newt Ginrich, but unfortunately, aside from a name that would make him the butt of every late-night comedian in America, he has a habit of speaking the unvarnished truth based upon irrefutable fact. That doesn't make for a viable political persona in this upside down, fouled up world. I supported Romney until he bailed out of the last campaign, but the religion issue probably makes him nonviable as well.

11. bigdogtx

birdogs,,,,how can you put Ahhnold in the category of leader when he has signed the crap that has CA in the shape it is right now????not to mention his "sexual harassment" of women years ago,,,,he is probably the biggest rino in a governorship there is!!!!

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Conservative Messiah has not come forward...yet. It can not and will not be one of the previous candidates. Wait and see. Lets hope it doesn't take 40 years of wondering in the wilderness.

13. jdhalf

jdhalf TS Member

My comments are this:
    1.) Conservatives need to concentrate on pointing out the idiocy put forward by the current "leaders". Obama, Frank, Reid, and Pelosi are selling koolaid that has already been tried in multiple countries and multiple times in the past with a perfect record of failure. I would recommend looking at LBJ's Great Society as a relatively recent example. Also, just because a politician is running as a Republican does not mean he or she is a conservative.

2.) We need to get as many new people in Congress as possible in 2010. If we could get 435 new members in the House and 30 plus new Senators, that might be enough to start.

3.) Any person put forward as a potential presidential candidate will be investigated and ridiculed by the liberals. Do we want to give them more than 15 - 18 months to tear down someone?

4.) While it won't do much good, write your current Senators/Representatives often to let them know what you think of each of their votes.

Just my opinion

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Give him some time.

Sometimes people who don't look too bright at first, turn out ok.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.