1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative Perazzi Springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tsosin, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Last year I bought a set of the alternative perazzi springs from Wiz, but have not had the need to install them in my gun. I'm now informed that Wiz will no longer sell the non-Perazzi springs, so before I make the necessary changes to use the alternate springs, I thought that I'd see if you'all have any input on the reliability of the replacement spring and any information on their availability.

Thanks.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The springs are made by Giuliani in Italy, his TS sign up name is "decimamas 54", and his contact email is: marcellogiuliani54@hotmail.it . A real nice and knowledgeable gentleman.

I have a trigger with his springs in it, I have approx. 5000 rounds since new. still going well.

Although I never done it before, but I think you can change back to factory springs if you want to.

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Can Whiz White comment on the reason not to carry them??

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I put them in an MX-8 almost 2 years ago. Still working great and their still available from Marchello

Ed Yanchok

5. rad 53

rad 53 Member

I totally agree with both Steve and Ed on this.Marcello is a super guy to deal with.Parts from Italy to New Zealand in a week! And yes,you can change back to Perazzi springs if you wish,but I don't know why you would bother.Marcello's conversion is a far superior arrangement.A stroke of genius actually! Go ahead and use them,you won't be dissapointed.Donald Robb.

6. Steve W

I'm not answering for Whiz, which is also a friend of mine.

I only want to say, "Business decisions are not necessarily based on the quality of the product."

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have them in both of my P4 triggers. It's an improvement in design that Perazzi should adopt as their standard.

First of all, the pins that the springs pivot from are stationary. No more wobbly side mounted pins attached to the springs riding in wallowed out holes. Greatly reduced torque stress on both the pins and the flat spring. Superior uniformity from spring to spring. Flat springs work on either side of the trigger.

I have been shooting Perazzi since 1985 and all of the springs that have been replaced, broke in the same place..........where the integral attachment pin is attached to the side of the spring. Marcello's design eliminates that problem completely.

In fairness, however, I only have about 10,000 rounds on the new Guiliani springs and I think the books out on what long term problems that may arise. I don't anticipate any though.

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

For those without mechanical skills, is there a gun shop/smith that does the conversions??

9. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Precision Trigger uses the same concept.

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I bought Marcellos spring kit from Whiz when they first became available and installed them myself. Easy job of using the supplied tools to install the pin and springs. As Barry R. said above, they stabilise the springs better than does the original P springs. I have about 20 thou with my springs without a hitch so far. Also, no noticable change in trigger numbers either, very important sign of quality springs!

Hap

11. Steve W

Here's a picture of the two springs for those who don't own a pair to see what they look like.

stevew_2008_030393.jpg

12. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Thanks for the information guys. I'm convinced that it's time to switch and to order a back up pair of springs.

TED

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I now only carry genuine Perazzi parts. I do order some parts frm Marcello from time-to-time for speciality work.

You can get the springs from Marcello, and he has a new type of hardened pin that reverse-screws into the trigger housing. Because it screws in, you can unscrew it at will. The first pins had a snap collar and got distorted if you tried to remove it. You can at any time return to the factory type springs at your choosing with either pin.

Why I don't carry his items was because of some issues with Perazzi Italy and Marcello shipping to the US. I really prefer not co comment any further and let Marcello, but it's really his business, not mine to comment. I am sure we both want to be diplomatic with regard to Perazzi Italy.

Perazzi parts from Italy became difficult to get at a period of time and I simply needed to get parts in for my customers. Consequently I turned to Perazzi USA and have been happy with them, particularly with them bringing in a plethora of TM1 parts that never seemed available previously.

You can order Marcello's parts directly from his website in Italy and he gladly ships them to shooters all over the globe as I do.

Whiz

14. BigM-Perazzi

Thanks Jim for the clarification.

Necessary business decisions.

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

16. BigM-Perazzi

Maybe patent infringement ...

17. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

I think it more likely to be Pride. Now if Mattarelli had thought of it....SteveB

18. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

A quick note to "Thank" Mr. Giuliani for the quick delivery and the "quality" of the Spring/ Pin kit I've received!
    (10 working days during the Christmas Season - Italy to Wyoming!) Unbelievable!!
    Great service!
    J.C.

19. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I assume that you must drill and tap a hole in the trigger housing using reverse threads? Is this an easy task?

Doc

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Nope you use the existing hole reserved for the bottom hammer. Just install the pin, which sticks out on both side of the frame and you hang both springs on the same pin. Now you don't need two different springs. Both sides use the same spring. No left or right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.