1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ALOOF- Shotgun Sports Magazine

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JerryP, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

a lot of old farts

2. Derek

Derek TS Member

Ammo low ,order our's first

Derek

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Why don't you call the magazine?

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

ALOOF is an imaginary club of four or five old farts who enjoy shooting together at their local range on Saturday mornings.
    I invented them as a vehicle to spout my opinions. Of course, if you told the other members that I invented them it might ruffle their feathers. Anyway, it is shotgun lore told as fiction. The Judge is the technical expert who loves .410s. Topper is the rich gun collector. The Major the deaf and occasionally pompous old fart, Sunny the hunter wanna-be, and Grundoon the new shooter .

5. lacy

lacy TS Member

Looking good, Marshall. Haven't seen you in awhile. Lacy

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Hello Marshall,,,Been reading your stuff for a while,,,all ways enjoyed it,,,gald I can put a face to the name,,,hope to meet some time,,,,Bill Goscinski

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

NO NO NO!!! Big Heap is not literate enough to write ALOOF. This is just copied from the magazine. All you have to do is "Google" ALOOF and you will see the results.

Humbly yours, Big Heap

8. ALOOFinc*

ALOOFinc* TS Member

Howdy all,

The Founder of ALOOFinc*'s Australian chapter called this thread to the Judge's attention. As the Judge is too PC illiterate to respond, he asked me to do it for him. Let me address the messages in order.

First, what does ALOOF mean? Unfortunately, no one outside the membership actually knows. As I am not a member, I can't say. Curiously, they seem to be secretive about it, and I suspect that if I were a member I still couldn't say. They are, however, an ancient order and loyal to certain principles, one of which is either secrecy or forgetfulness.

"A lot of old farts."? Please! They are respectable gentlemen, admittedly of some age and often of a gaseous nature, some even have been called old farts, but the whole organization? Surely you jest. More literary guesses have included:
    Arcane lore, often obscure, free;
    Aged aromatic libations offered to old friends;
    Ardent Lovers of Old Firearms; and
    Agreeable laughter, outrageous old friends.

Derek He may be right; he is the FMPU** of the Australian chapter and knows the importance of ammo to shooters. (Apparently many people are unaware that ALOOF is an international organization.)

Call the magazine? Good idea. Nice folks. And while you got them on the phone, subscribe, and hear from them every month.

Big Heap, Ya done good, my friend. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will find a photo of ALOOF's entire US membership, less the young ladies auxiliary.

Hi Lacey. Hope you and your lovely wife do well. I realize that you know me to be a man of robust proportions and there certainly are times I look like a big heap, ("unmade bed" acording to my good lady wife) but, like you, I use my own name. Say, aren't you about eligible for ALOOF membership?

Hi Bill. Thanks for the kind words. Counting you and all the members, ALOOF readership must soar into double digits.

Big Heap, if you are literate enough to find the Judge's photo, then you are more PC literate than the whole membership, except maybe for Derek. He found this thread.

Thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to email in. You make ALOOF quietly proud, and they aren't quiet about many things. Anyone wishing to email any of the members of the Order may do so at ALOOFinc@hotmail.com.

For ALOOFinc*
    Marshall Williams

** Founding male parental unit
    * incorrigible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

deaf trapsjooter