1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

almost live from the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ebsurveyor, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Saturday's storm got one. It rolled about 100 feet

[​IMG]

2. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Nobody home!

[​IMG]

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I didn't think it blew that hard at my house but then i went to the store yesterday evening and there were limbs down everywhere. The utility companies were out repairing some downed lines from the tree limbs. It came in pretty fast and dropped a flat ton of rain and fast. You just can't predict or beat Mother Nature. She wins everytime. I hope nobody was hurt in that camper.

I bet that bottom picture will look considerably different in about 3 days. LOL

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

Mark off 1320 Ft, Get the stop light from down town and put a white line down the center ... Hell man talk about making it a place than can be utilized ... Mobile timing tower, and some bleachers down both sides, talk about a money maker ... Then they can claim it as a back up runway for the airport when its not being used as a Drag strip, for Demolition derbys, or parking lot for the shooters ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. grntitan

Bill--Don't think i haven't ran that quarter mile already?? LOL

Alot of evenings i leave there is nobody on that East end. We could get several good runs before anybody knew what happened. Bring that Hemi over, i have some buddies that will give you a run for your money. You had better get that thing to hook first. :)

6. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Just remember that when you are dragging down the road on the east end that there is the nice man in the green uniform and the green pickup truck with the radar gun and blue lights and he is not setting traps.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

grntitan, it sounds like you're from S. IL, is that correct?

If so, do they still have the street rod festival in DuQuoin? Don't hear much about it anymore. Just wondering.

8. grntitan

Bisi--No actually some old fuddly duddly residents of DuQuoin ran it out of town. They petitioned the city to have it removed because of all the traffic. It really ticked off alot of local buisness owners because they lost all that revenue when it left. DuQuoin also use to have the World Trotting Derby at the State Fairgrounds there. Again some anti's ran it off becaause of the betting that took place. I worked in DuQuoin for 12 years and still have some family there. Its a shame that people don't look at the economic gains from these things as opposed to making everything a negative. That was some fun times gone forever. I'm not sure where the Street Machine Nationals are held now.

9. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Fishing is good here at the Grand!

[​IMG]

10. grntitan

Boy thats a dandy. Don't eat all that in one sitting. Don't want you to get a belly ache.

....................................................................................................................

Mr.Gibson--I was joking on the drag racing thing but i appreciate the heads up. I have ran that quarter mile though. I was one of the guys who hauled rock and asphalt when the place was built. You'd be supprised how fast a 2007 Pete will get going fully loaded in that 1/4 mile. Shoot i must of been going 20 to 25 MPH by the time i crossed the finish line.....LOL :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.