1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Almost died this morning, almost wish I did :)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ysr_racer, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

About 5:00am this morning I was awakened by what felt like my wife stabbing me in the back with a pair of scissors.

By 5:10am I was writhing in pain, by 5:30am we were at the hospital (whole consuming pain would be an understatement).

After getting morphine, Dilaudid (a much stronger narcotic), and more Dilaudid, I started to feel better.

After a CAT scan the doctor revealed that I was the proud recipient of a two-millimeter kidney stone sitting on top of my bladder.

Five hours later after peeing out what appeared to be a grain of sand, I feel fine (plus the drugs are really starting to kick in).

Moral of the story, don't get kidney stones, they suck.

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

Worst pain I ever had in my life was a kidney stone. Be glad you could get it out on your own. Its even less fun when they have to go in after it.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

It is amazing when you see the size (or lack thereof) of the thing that caused such intense pain.

--- Chip King ---

4. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Chip King,

It was about twice the size of a pin head. Like a big grain of sand.

5. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Capt Rick:
    You hit the nail on the head. This is the remedy my urologist used to rid me of my latest episode. Only difference, I had to take it daily for 5 weeks, then no stone. Glad you posted this, it really works.

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'll post a picture in the future. Here's what it felt like

[​IMG]

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Not making light of any of you guys that had to go thru this. I had a pretty good pain in my lower back once and though it might be a stone. I called a shooting buddy of mine that had gone thru it and asked him if the pain I had might be something along the lines of a kidney stone.

He asked me if I had fallen on the floor and was unable to get up. If the pain was so bad that I wanted to black out. If I thought that one of my ribs had come loose and was stabbing me in the guts.

I told him NO, NOTHING LIKE THAT.

He said not to worry aboout it, it was not a kidney stone.

Good Luck and I hope you feel better, AJ100

8. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

Been there, done that, several times....I feel your pain........Roger

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Rick,

I "presume" the lemon is just to make all that baking soda taste better? Gee-yikes...

10. ink ball

ink ball Member

I feel your pain (on two different occasions). The first one I passed on my own after about 4 days. It was a very painful 4 days. Thank God for morphine and narcotic pain killers. It was about 5 mm in diameter and was very jagged. Kind of resembled the skull of a Texas longhorn steer. The 2nd espisode...3 years later. At least I knew what it was this time, and I had no intentions of going through 4 days of hell again. After consulting a urologist and considering the options, I had the urlogist perform lithotripsy and remove the stone. What he failed to mention, however, is that after they perform this procedure, they place a stint in the urethra that extends outside of the body. Then they leave it there for a week. Passing urine with this device in place is another experience in pain. And of course, they want to you to drink lots of water during this time, so you get to experience this lovely sensation on a regular basis. Oh...it hurts to have anything touching the stint, so you walk around in a bath robe sans undergarments. Even the weight of the bathrobe touching the stint is very painful, so being the resourceful sort that I am, I spent most of that week sitting in a chair with a large inverted bowl forming a dome over the area of concern to prevent the bath robe from touching the stint. I'm not sure which was worse...the intermitent pain of allowing it to pass on its own, or the discomfort of the stint after the lithotripsy. Of course, when the week was over and it was time to have the stint removed, they send in the hottest looking nurse to do the honors. No risk of embarassment, however, I was so delighted to have that thing removed, they could have sent her in wearing a bikini and I don't think I would have noticed. Yeh...,kidney stones are a real joy.

11. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Been there. After a couple of hours, my wife drove me to the local ER, where after about an hour's wait, they saw me and gave me some excellent drugs....A while later they released me.

As we were leaving, the little old lady who'd been there for an even longer time with her husband for his own medical problems stopped my wife and whispered, "Your father's looking much more comfortable than when you first brought him in."

My beloved wife still loves to tell that story to our friends...

12. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Went to the emergency room for one about 4 years ago and had to have the urologist sneak it out for me, while he was in there, he determined that I must have several stones in the past because I was all scarred up between my kidney and my bladder so he left a stint in there to help it heal and not close up. He left the stint in for about six weeks and then he went in after it with a set of mechanical fingers( the type that grease monkeys use to retrieve sockets dropped in a small block). He pulled that thing out like he was pull starting a Homelite.

The funny thing was that when I was diagnosed, I called my mother and because I was the 3rd member of her family to have the darn things, she thought it was funny and had a good laugh about my pain, 2 years later I got the same call from her and yep, I giggled like a schoolgirl at her pain as well

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

What will hurt a lot worse to gun owners and shooters is if Hussein and the Narcissist get elected. The eco-lunatic lobby will successfully ban lead for all shooting....an anti-gun Supreme Court Justice will be appointed...the feminist lobby will reawaken and be in power....taxes will go through the roof, jobs will be lost...the military will be weakened....terrorists will be emboldened......Hollywood left-wingers will have parties at the White House....

My kidneys are hurting from just thinking about it!

14. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

Just ignore the pain. Suck it up.

15. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

Recnetly had hemeroids surgicaly removed,,thats nasty !at least you got pain relief and pee'd your out,,takes weeks for that 1 !

16. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I have had several. One was 4.5cm! Had to go under the lithotripsy machine, which I call the "atom blaster", that works by sound waves, and it took 3000 shots that sound like a shotgun going off to bust up the stone into sand that eventually passed.

Other times with smaller ones I have walked into the ER like a duck, because I couldn't straighten up!

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I had one and was in more p[ain than I could ever remember in my lifetime ...My Doctor said to drink cranberry juice everyday to keep them under control, so far, so good and cranberry juice every morning since ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Here's a picture of the bastard that almost killed me :)

[​IMG]

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Well, the one that almost killed me was the size of a bowling ball or thats what it felt like when I passed it as I was standing there sweating and shaking like I was going to have a convulsion or seizure of some sort ... I was sweating so bad that I just jumped into the shower at midnight because I was that wet anyway ... I truly feel for you and hope that you can get them under control ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

There is a lot of painful shit in this world without immediate relief. My experieces have been the first crap after a hemmorhoid operation, removal of a tumor that had attached itself from my lower intestin to my bladder and took three ops. to correct, four heart ops. that included two helicopter rides at $5,500 per after my insurance limits were reached. Defibrillator malfunctions that went off 15 times one day and 21 time another and a defib. replacement. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I feel lucky. This year I pulled a trigger for the first time in almost 3 years and my what a pleasure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.