1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

almost a year with the B725 sporter...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Slugo

Slugo Member

I wasn't sure what to expect. But now I can tell you, it's the finest 12 gauge sporting gun I've owned. Took some time to get used to. New Browning mechanical triggers, lighter barrels and an array of other attributes which sets this gun apart from prior 12 gauge Citori target guns. The double seal chokes are excellent, but bear no similarities with their designations. You need to pattern each choke to redefine their actual constrictions. Example; their designation(s) are not quite the same as what you are used to. You just have to figure it out.

All in all, the 725 Sporting is a superb target shotgun. I also own and shoot Berettas and Caesar Guerini, which disqualifies me as a Browning fanboy. Try one yourself and I think you'll see what I mean.

PS: Anxious to tryout the new high-rib sporter which should be out this fall...

DSC_0011-001.JPG

DSC_0014-001.JPG

2. PULL PULL

PULL PULL Member

How is the trigger in your 725 ? I have never shot a citori that had a good trigger. Does your trigger have a lot of creep ?

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Slugo, you kept a gun for a year? I admire your ability to love'em and leave'em when it comes to guns. I held a 725 LH trap at the Jaquas' booth at the Cardinal Center yesterday. It had a high rib and high comb which I like. They seem really nice.
    Doug Allison

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

Pull Pull, Browning has installed their new mechanical triggers in the 725. They break at a little less than 4 pounds, by my fish scale and also noted in real reviews. Smooth as butter!!

Dbl Auto, yes sir, one year is a long time for me, but I'm keeping the 725. I've yet to shoot anything better, at least for me.

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I've heard it's a keeper...I've love to shoot some doubles with one just to satisfy my curiosity if I see one up here. I love mechanical triggers....and you've kept it a whole year...wow....I can't imagine changing guns as often as some of you guys...been shooting my pair of trap guns for 27 and 30 years respectively...

Ron Burr

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Have to 2nd. Slugo. I have had the same experience. I've had targets in the air and thought oh sh%#$%, missed it, but no, the tgt. broke.

As I posted when the gun was purchased, based on the price, thought it was a license to steal after I shot it.

7. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Eddie, your right on Carlson - much, much, improved from about 8-9 yrs. ago. I believe for the value and performance, don't need to purchase anything else and I have lots, and lots, and lots of chokes.

8. Slugo

Slugo Member

I prefer Carlsons chokes above all others, but they're not as good as the supplied Browning DS choke tubes. You just have to familiarize yourself with their revised constrictions. The Double Seal at the back of the choke works wonders to keep the crud out. For sporting I use LM/M most of the time. Trap, the IM is excellent...

Search tags for this page
b725 sporter
browning 725

browning 725 sporting

browning b 725
browning b 725 sporter
browning b725

browning b725 sporter

browning b725 sporter trap