1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Alliant Load Data

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gary Waalkes, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Mr. Bruce Bowen actually tried to overload shells and blow up a gun (a cheap gun by the way) and he was not successful. So blowing yourself up is a bit far fetched. You need to plug the barrel or clean your gun with gasoline (or similar) and let it get into the reciever.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Download the PDF file version of their product catalog from the home page. It has a lot of data listed. It might not have as much as the online version did, but Red Dot is one of the major players. Post your exact load and someone might be able to compare it to other published data as well.

Actually, the real danger in reloading is over pressure loads over a period of time. A single or a few dozen loads aren't really the problem. It's fatigue over a large number of loads. Check out H.P. White Labs site. They have some extensive information on the subject. They so this sort of thing quite a bit. Bruce Bowen's experiment was great, but I would like to see what happened after 25 to 50 THOUSAND high pressure loads were fired, if the gun stayed together that long. Look for the Download Specifications Link or cut and paste the last URL. Lot's of interesting information.

http://www.hpwhite.com/

http://www.hpwhite.com/download.htm

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I understand the web site was hit with a virus several weeks ago. I picked up a new manual at Sparta last week. In checking, I found no changes in loads for Red or Green dot for the combinations I have used for several years.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I keep Hodgdon and Alliant and Accurate data in "My Documents" so I don't have to go on line if I want a load.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.