1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Alliant--20 / 28**

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have and it is great powder. Ask your dealer to stock it.

Pat Ireland

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Includes shipping...

http://www.grafs.com/fc/product/180756

3. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

wonder why alliant is marketing this powder. They already have unique and herco, both good 20 and 28 powders. But as the doctor's wife said "whatever blows your skirt up". Sam

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"wonder why alliant is marketing this powder. They already have unique and herco, both good 20 and 28 powders."

I wonder about that too. Skeet2day gave his take on that, but I never had the capacity problem he had.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat Ireland loading 28ga?? WOW!! LOL. I also fool around loading 20 and 28 for a little skeet. I'm with skeet2day on the volume problem with unique. My answer was to load 13/16 of shot in the 20. I think from past postings that Pat has an in at Alliant, maybe he can give us some more info. I know I am going to try and get some. Montana may be short of dealers but has many other benefits. Good health and good shooting, Bob H.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have been loading Longshot in new AAHS hulls, and volumn is a problem with that combo too, even with AAHS wads. Still use Universal clays in the 20 ga.
    It sounds like the new Alliant 20/28 takes less volumn, but is everyone happy w/ it?

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I use it in 28 ga and think it is the best powder around. I also had success with Longshot, but 20/28 is a bit less expensive. Seems to burn cleaner than most 28 ga powders, too. I don't use it for 20 ga because Unique already does all that I ask. Likewise Promo in 12 ga, and Alliant 410 in the idiot stick, so I use Alliant powders for all my Skeet loads. Made in America!

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

up for the 28 gauge guns. Now if I can find a trade for my Browning GTI (To long and to many 12 gauge) for a nice 28 gauge gun. Will look at trades at the Bellevue Rod and Gun show next weekend at Southroads Mall. Omaha

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Alliant made this powder because in some loads, there was a space problem. Couldn't fit everything in the case properly.

Yes, I did load some 28 ga. When the powder first came out, Federal (owned by Alliant) gave me a couple of cases (5 shells per box) to give away at shoots. I also got some of the powder and helped a friend load 3 boxes. I shot one box at singles and only flinched 4 times with his 28 ga. The powder preformed fine, I did not.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.