1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Company Over Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Problems, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

I recently saw and advertisement for a pair of shooting glasses that are supposed to be worn over top regular prescription glasses. Looks like a good concept if they work. Has anyone had any experience.
    They are offered on Amazon for about $ 8.00 Just curious

2. Recoil Problems

They are actually called Allen Company Fit Over Shooting Glasses

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://allencompany.net/safety/fit-over-shooting-glasses-2.html

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've got a couple pair from a company called SpeerT. Polycarbonate, light brown lens for one pair, yellow for night shooting/driving for the other.
    It's all I use for sunglasses now, since you don't have to keep switching
    glasses when you go indoors. Just take off the outer glasses. A little distortion probably because they're so cheap, but I have no trouble using them for shooting. They have different sizes to fit your regular glasses. My glasses are progressives, and I find I have no trouble using them for shooting.

My regular shooting glasses are NYX, with the prescription insert, which I use most of the time.

5. Recoil Problems

Still just wondering about the Allen product bryn

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The ones on the Allen site are just ordinary fitover glasses in one size and only clear and yellow. You can get fitover polaroid polycarbonate sunglasses
    in different shades and sizes through companies that sell sunglasses. SpeerT is an online company that I bought mine from. Log on their website and you will see the choice, and a way to measure your glasses to assure a good fit.
    The glasses are $10 to $14 dollars, but they have the more expensive Cocoon
    model which I suspect has better lens.

You can also find these glasses at malls and most Walmarts. The Allens are nothing special, and really only suitable for indoor shooting.

7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

"Buffalo Arms" have flip-up ones, at $9.00. I have been using them for years, mostly for non-shooting, but they work for shooting OK too.
    Norman

8. sfisk

sfisk TS Member

Bryn- I have a pair as prescription shooting glasses are not in the budget now (I spend all my money on shells!). They worked fine for me all last fall and this spring, and I noticed no distortion, although for that price there must be some.

The only issue I have with them is now that warmer weather is here, I've had my glasses underneath fog up. Rather than have to remove 2 pairs of glasses on the line, and disrupt the squads rhythm, I've just stopped wearing them.

Search tags for this page

all american shooting glasses

allen co over prescription shooting glasses

allen co over prescription shooting glasses 2169

allen company over-prescription shooting glasses

allen company shooting

allen company trap shooting

allen shooting glasses