1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allems Roller Release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Snooky, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snooky

Snooky Member

Looking for input. I am fixing to send my MX-12 and would like to know if this is the way to go. I am interested only in the roller and not conventional because of the ability to go back to pull, should I decide to sell later on.

Thanks
    Snooky

2. MOP

MOP Active Member

Unless they have recently started, Allem's does not make a roller for the MX-12.

3. Snooky

Snooky Member

I have already talked to them. They do offer it for the MX-12.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Snooky

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have them in my Beretta 687 - very smooth, even smoother than Allem's previous releases.

Ed

5. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

Had the roller release installed By Allem's July 08 in my Beretta 682 Gold E Combo. I went with release/pull.

Had some minor problems, where as the mechanism did not set sometimes. Took it back and John Jr. did some tweaking while I waited. Now the release is working GREAT. I have shot over 2,000 rounds since the rework without any problems.

The release is very quick and smooth; I am very pleased with it. There is a picture of their roller release on Allem's web site.

My experience with the Allem's was very good and I can recommend them to anyone!

Frank

6. blkfin

blkfin Member

Snooky, Had the rollers put in my Trap special over a year ago. no problems at all. Nice thing also, is the different size rollers you can get for the speed of release and positive stop. John, Nancy and the staff are great to work with. Go with them and you will not be sorry. Mike K.

7. BAYCITYBOB

BAYCITYBOB TS Member

HAD A ALLEMS ROLLER PUT IN MY 687 SP ABOUT 4MONTHS AGO. I SHOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO. VERY SMOOTH,EASY TO SHOOT.IN MY BOOK THEY ARE THE BEST. NO REGRETS.

8. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

How much is a double roller release trigger setup from Allem's?

9. tp

tp TS Member

Jon, it depends on the shotgun. They have a price list on their website. I had them put a roller release in my BT100. It is a great release trigger.

10. Snooky

Snooky Member

Thanks guys for the feedback. I talked to Allems today and Perazzi is gone on vacation to Pennsylvania.

Thanks Again,
    Snooky

11. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Is it easily converted back to pull? Do they give you the other rollers to adjust the trigger? What is the normal turnaround?

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

There are five different roller sizes .010" apart with smaller yielding a faster release and larger making it slower. They usually install a #3 and the roller is easily changed with a flat screwdriver. This is a photo of a Roller Release installed in a Beretta 68x receiver on their website.

Removing the roller altogether converts the gun back to a pull trigger. The changeability feature would make the system worthwhile by itself but it also eliminates the friction of the release sear, thus making the release much smoother and consistent in feel and speed.

They aren't the cheapest but I don't think you can find a better release. Most guns are $525 per trigger.

Ed

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I hope this picture works ... Bill Malcolm

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I like the precision trigger a lot. But i do not like that it comes with the concept that I must adjust to the 80/32 timieng and mentality. If I have that lag, I get what is noramlly thought of as a "forerm flinch". Not a filinch at all, rather an attempt to get the gun going again because the shot did not happen in a timely fashion in accordance with my brain/hand/eye coordination. Quick triggers I can adjsut to quickly. Slow ones frustrate the crap out of me. I have a new TM Special trigger to be converrted in the next few weeks. I'll get tht done and pic it to this or start anew. I do think Precision should come up with an alternate timing device, but on the other hand if you can adjust to the 80/32 you'll be a happy camper and a good shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allems roller release

allems roller release reviews