1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allems roller release trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grayson Mayne, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayson Mayne

Grayson Mayne Member

Anyone using the Allems roller release trigger in a Browning O/U. It is expensive at $500.00 per barrel. Worth the money?? All responses appreciated. Please pm me if you don't want you response on the thread.

Thank You.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Do yourself a favor, save tons of money and have Phillips Gunsmithing do the work! No, it's not worth it!!

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

So says the local Allem's hater. But this Beretta owner is very happy with his Allem's Roller Release Triggers, as are every other user of their releases that I know. Even compared to their old design (and Allem's releases have been highly regarded for years), these triggers are crisper, smoother and more consistent. Add to that the fact that the release speed can be easily changed by the shooter or that the gun can be converted back to pull triggers just as easily and the extra cost becomes more bearable.

Ed

4. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I had Allem's roller release installed in my Beretta 682 back in July of 08. I could not be more satisfied. Never had any problems with it, and it is working great today! As far as maintenance; all it needs is a very small drop of oil at the roller, the same as you would do to the hammer pivot.

The release if very smooth and quick, I can highly recommend the Allem's roller release.

Frank

5. oleolliedawg

So you're telling this poor fellow it's worth $1,000 to put a release in a Browning vs. less than $500. You might want to tell him how much his scores will go up after choosing one over the other and why. I'm glad you guys are neither my accountant nor my gunsmith!!

6. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I have an Allems Release in my MX8 and loved it. After getting the Roller Release in my MX10RS and my K80, I love the Roller Releases more. Ditto's to all the Ed has said.

If you near by here in Pa, your more than welcome to shoot my gun and make your own decision.

Vern

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Andy's (oleolliedog) point is that it may not make sense to equip a shothgun worth less than the cost of a new set of double roller release triggers with said triggers. That's all, and it's kind of hard to fault that logic, BUT trapshooters do not always act logically when it comes to spending money on shotgunning, do we?

Respectfully,

Jon Reitz

(A satisfied Allem's double roller release user)

8. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Don't know about the Allems but I did have Phillips install double releases in a 687 while at the Grand and I couldn't have been happier.He does nice work and only $500.00 for BOTH barrels.

9. Newfoundlander

Newfoundlander Member

Vern ( Brownst100 ) is a man of his word and a class act....

I made that trip to his area a couple weeks ago and took him up on that offer to try his K-80..

I was amazed on how sweet it was to shoot and it was my first time experiencing a release...

I am now in the process of ordering a K-80 combo and oh yes it will be getting the Allems Roller Release system..

Thank you much Vern for the help and education in release triggers..

Bob A.

10. oleolliedawg

USMC Retired and Vern. Please tell us your ATA averages and how much they went up since Allem built your roller releases!!

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Andy..you know my physical diabilities limit my abilities at shooting. What it doesn't limit is my ability to recognize a opinated bull---t artist such as yourself. Your negatism twords Allem's is a personal vendata.

A high average doesn't make anyone smart..your proving that !!!!..Nawwww..you would rather spew your bull....It's a shame..because your a nice person to talk to face to face.

Vern

12. oleolliedawg

Vern, I never said anything negative about Allem releases. In fact, I shoot one in my K-80 and am quite pleased. I questioned the sanity of spending $1,000 on a release trigger for a gun worth not much more than that-wouldn't you? Just so happens Phillips Gunsmithing makes a quality release for a Browning for half the price. Do you have any experience with Phillips releases-I do and am also quite pleased. Building a Browning release trigger is not rocket science-trust me!

That said, if you can prove a roller release in a Browning instead of the standard variety at twice the price will somehow transform the buyer into a better shooter I'd question your thinking. That's not a vendetta-just common sense!!

13. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

just a thought here, im thinking of sending my browning over from ozz to allams for a roller double release and it just happens to worth about 3 times as much as a new k80, does this mean its ok in my gun? i dont know the person posting the first question but i would be pi--ed off if it were me! he may have the same custom D5!

14. oleolliedawg

JONNY D, do you really believe what your saying is likely a fact!!

15. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

lets put it this way a new browning D5 has a replacement cost at present of 49000.00 US, so unless u shoot a high grade k80 like a crown grade as i do my D5 has a replacement cost worth 3 standard k80s. your not calling me a liar are u, we may meet one day. JONNYD.

16. oleolliedawg

Jonny D, do you really believe the original poster somehow possesses a $50,000 Browning O/U? Your paranoia is blinding your logic!!

17. JONNY D

JONNY D TS Member

I DONT KNOW HIM!!!! i do so why wouldnt he???? whats more 50k to me may well be a lot less than a few thousand dollars to the original poster, i hope loves and enjoys his gun as much as i do regardless of its cost. i just think that if he wants the best he sould find out what is the best and buy it when he can justify it and not settle for second best when it comes to triggers. jonnyd.

18. oleolliedawg

jonnyd, describe "best" and how you could possibly know "best" when you don't already have it and am thinking of getting it!!

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

OK guys. Let it rest. I am not sure $500/barrel is allot of money if you have a $50,000 gun, but that does not matter. Both (Allem's, Phillip's) Gunsmith's are of very good quality work. Use which ever fits your budget, with confidence you are getting a quality trigger for the price. If you do invest in a release, you will not get the majority of that money back when you sell, along with any other alterations you may do. Its that simple. If you would notice the difference between the two triggers, you may shoot many more targets to make it worth the extra investment for peace of mind, but both triggers would be quality, from either Smith.

20. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

We have an Allem's roller for a Browning XT we'd consider selling....

Guy Babin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allams release trgger

allem release trigger

allem roller release triggers

allems triggers

cost of john allem trigger

gun roller triggers

release triggers for browning