1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allems Perazzi Roller Release Trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Custer, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Custer

Custer Member

Hi, Is anyone shooting one of Allens roller release triggers? is there any problems? What do you think of it?
    Custer.

2. Custer

Custer Member

Must be someone out there with one of Allems roller release. Would like the thumbs up before I part with the dollars. Custer

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'm also considering them for my Beretta 687 and would like to know if anyone who had a good non-roller release before getting one of the roller variety could notice any substantial improvement. They want $475 per barrel for my gun, which is $175 over a non-roller I can have installed, so I'd like to know that the extra expense will be worthwhile.

As a rule, Allem's trigger work is superb - I've had their releases in some of my Krieghoffs - so I'm guessing the new style will work well but how much better?

Ed

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I spoke to John Jr before he did a release on my Perazzi. He told me he didn't think he was going to develop a roller release for them. That was almost a year ago so things may have changed.

He told me the advantage of the roller was that the settings would not change over time. That's significant but I don't know what it does for the "feel" of the release.

5. foxy

foxy TS Member

allems roller release is the smoothest release i have ever shot, i have been shooting releases for over 40 years & believe me allems roller releases are by far better than any other design out there. they cost more but you only get what you pay for. pay less & you get less.

6. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

Foxy, any chance you can post a photograph of this roller release. Thanks. AJ.

7. Custer

Custer Member

Foxy, Thanks for the reply, thats just what I wanted to hear before sending the trigger in. I also would like to see a photo of the roller release.
    Custer

8. AveragEd

I decided to have Allem's releases installed in my new Beretta and went there yesterday to drop off my receiver. Obviously, I haven't shot with them yet but I have no doubt I'm going to be very satisfied. The workmanship in the making of the parts is impressive and the design is one of those "why didn't someone think of that before" things.

Aside from smoothness, here are two huge benefits of the roller design. There are no traditional sears rubbing against one another and wearing over time, so the releases stay the same speed for life (and are guaranteed for life). Now here's a real biggie - the rollers are made in five diameters and by changing roller size, you can vary the release speed from slow to lightning fast. No more having the sears worked on and finding you liked it better the way it was but can't go back. Selling the gun and the buyer thinks your releases are slow? Faster releases are a phone call away because the rollers are attached with one screw that the gun owner can easily change. And if that isn't enough, removing the roller altogether converts the trigger back to pull albeit with a slightly higher pull weight.

All triggers are returned with #3 rollers so the owner has plenty of "adjustment" range available in either direction.

I am in the process of conducting a gun test on this Beretta and will include photos of the trigger work. This design almost makes "normal" release triggers obsolete and I'm wondering how long it will take for roller technology to be applied to pull triggers.

Ed

9. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

I just had Allem's roller release system installed in my Beretta 682. I shot it for the first on July 30. I have shot approximately 800+ rounds with it.

So far it is working GREAT, very smooth. However, the learning curve to learn to shoot a release trigger is another story, won't go into it. I am struggling! I got the 682 in 2002 and have never shot a release before. Over the last year I developed a serious flinching problem. I am hoping in time to become proficient with the release.

As for the roller release, like I stated, IT IS GREAT. If you are considering a release trigger I can certainly vouch for Allen's and John Jr's workmanship.

Frank

10. AveragEd

Frank, just look at the target and let things happen. I started flinching on a Saturday at Harrisburg, installed the release and went to your club on Wednesday night. I had a 14 on my first trap with it and a 24 on my second. If you try to make it work, it will fight you - just let it happen.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.