1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*******ALLEM'S GUNCRAFT IS REALLY GREAT***********

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BROWNST100, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Congratulations, Ray

It looks beautiful !!!!!!!!!! Please post some more pics.

I agree with you. I have numerous guns they have worked on for me and have never been disapointed. Go there sometime and look around. You will be amazed.

Vern

2. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Good people to deal with. Bought several guns and traded-very fair to deal with.

3. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

They will never get a penny from me.. The old man was awefully rude to me..he walks away and sends Nancy out to take over. My cash and I walked out.. glad you had a nice experience.

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I agree with Dixie one and done for me, I did make a purchase because went to far not too but never again. I am aware the Allem lovers will disagree but...

5. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

That seems to be John's mo, leaves his wife to take care of business while he plays online poker in the back

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

You can't take John serious----He's a class A personality getting up in age and had health problems,just ask Nancy---He built the business and tought the boys well---I have had many happy experience there---4 release triggers---bought a K-32 with a fair price 10 yrs ago---Stock fittings---Superposed rebuild---ETC----The shop is so clean you can eat off the floor----They must be doing something right---Call for work done and turn around is probably 2 months----Who is any better for us in the N-East ?----For some reason gun smiths have attitude problems----Found it that way for yrs.

"FORGET ABOUT IT"------------George@SJB

7. nudehunter1

nudehunter1 Member

I hate to be this bold, but I'd like to know, what does a rebuild like this cost. I have a TM1 that would be a good candidate, and I'm just thinking.

8. lancelot

lancelot Member

They can be abrupt, sometimes, on the telephone. I have just gone through getting a Perazzi, SC3 trigger, converted to their double release. I had two conversations with the boys, and two with Nancy. They could not have been nicer or more helpful.

The work on the trigger is first rate. I like its action better than my Precision. Expect a long wait.

Best of luck to everyone, Ron Ireland, Memphis, TN

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Ron...is your new Allem a Roller Release?

milt

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I'm glad SOMEBODY had a good experience with those people!

Keller

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Name the title of the 1931 horror film bearing his description!!

12. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If you guys think being a gunsmith and gun dealer is a box of chocolates,think again---Think about all the personalities they have to put up with---Think about your own somedays---John Allem don't have to beg for any of us to deal with---their there---Take it or leave it----but when you leave, where will you go?---There might be 10 in their league throughout the country---Travel on my friends---gL---George@SJB---------PS----Don't think I'm their poster child---
    They don't know who southjblue is-----I just think their among the best and when I want the best in the N East I go to Allem Guns

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

dawg - Frankenstein?

14. lancelot

lancelot Member

Milt,

Yes, it is a Roller Release. I think it might be more crisp than their older trigger, but I thought they were good too.

I like my Precision very well also, but I think, I might like the release of this new Allem better. Hard to tell.

Ron

15. oleolliedawg

Jon, wrong as usual. One more guess and you're out!!

16. Jon Reitz

dawg,

Well I'm glad I'm wrong. No more guesses from me..

17. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Name the title of the 1931 horror film bearing his description!!"</I></blockquote>Heck, he could be either Svengali or Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde...he fits them both!

Keller

18. B²

I've got a great Allem story for you. A few years ago I sent my Mirage with fresh engraving by the late Bill Mains and Dockwiller engraved wood to Allem for release triggers. The gun returned in a couple of weeks less the forearm. When I contacted them all they wanted to do was argue with me and accuse me of not sending it. After many calls and much frustration I found out that all of their trash was still behind the building in a dumpster with cutting oil and other crap. They finally agreed to go look after much pleading on my part. Guess what - it was in the bottom of the receptacle. By this time I had been pushed to the limit! They ended up having a new forend made for the gun, but wouldn't even pay the shipping. I wouldn't go near that tribe again with an 1100!

19. oleolliedawg

Keller nails this one!!

20. Jon Reitz

dawg,

Shame on you! I was there in July buying a new gun. Nancy, John Sr., John Jr., and Mike all had a hand in the project and they did a hell of a job with it. I walked (drove) away a very satisfied customer.

Jon Reitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.