1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allem's Cam Release Trigger for 682

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by docshank, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docshank

docshank TS Member

I'm thinking about having a release trigger installed in my 682 this winter. I talked to Allem's about their new style trigger for the 682. The woman that I talked to said she was pretty sure that this design can be changed back and forth from release to pull without having to send it back to them. Does anyone here use the new cam release trigger? How do you like it? And can it be changed back and forth by the shooter if need be? I've started having an occasional flinch. Alot of my shooting friends are telling me to go with a release trigger. I want to be able to change back to pull if I don't like it. Thanks in advance for the info.

Frank

2. docshank

docshank TS Member

Hey Fred,

Thanks for the response. I feel that when I flinch it is more because I'm not totally focused on the target and my subconscious is telling my brain that I'm not really ready to make the shot. When I do have a flinch, I dip the gun down what seems like two feet and then pull the trigger, at the same time this is happening I'm lifting my head off the stock. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it gets me really frustrated at myself. I'm going to concentrate on trying to solve the problem without having to go to release triggers. Even though some of my friends tell me if I would just try the release triggers long enough to get used to them, I would never want to go back to pull triggers whether I had a flinching problem or not.

I have a Terry Jordan wall chart that I've had for probably two years and I've never used it. I think I'm going to go ahead and set it up in my garage and start doing some dry firing. I may figure out what my problem is by doing a bunch of dry firing, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt.

Fred, did you have to send your whole gun or just the receiver to Allem's when they installed the triggers? Thanks again for your response.

Frank

3. docshank

docshank TS Member

Thanks for the info, Fred.

Frank

4. docshank

docshank TS Member

Anyone else that has experience with these triggers?

Frank

5. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Frank, I had them installed in gold e sporting a year ago and they are superb and worth the extra money. The triggers are mechanical now which is a plus. I know there are several other good trigger conversions out there but I know that the Allems is a good one. Just send the receiver, no stock cutting necessary. Jim W.

6. docshank

docshank TS Member

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the response. I may go ahead and send my receiver to Allem's this winter. I'm sure I'll like the releases once I get used to them. If I do have them installed, I'll do some dry firing with it first. I shot one of my friend's Kolar with release triggers last year. I only shot three targets with it, out of those three shots, I hit the target once and almost hit the trap house twice.Ha!!! It will take some getting used to on my part, to say the least.

Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.