Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALLEM ROLLER RELEASE...PICTURE

3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  doberman37 
#1 ·
Heck no, MIA, I'm not bumping this up for you........

Do your own bumping.........;)

Hauxfan!

#2 ·
Is that a 682 gold E??

If not, then what model is it?

I'm not a release shooter but that is some mighty fine machining and engineering... WOW!

I read somewhere else on TS.com that if you remove the release unit the trigger remains heavier to pull - why?? Is there some aspect that remains placing extra pressure on the sear springs?? I just don't see it in the picture.

David D

#3 ·
it appears to be a beretta 682 action with a allem roller release on it. looks like some mighty fine machine work. i think allem also has roller releases for perazzi & krieghoff & browning. my friend (larry shade)has a roller release in a K 80 & he was the winner of the K 80 trap special combo given away at the PA state shoot in june - now he has 2 K 80 trap specials both with allems roller releases.

#5 ·
There has to be a sufficient amount of difference between the set weight and release weight of a release trigger in order for it to work safely. To accomplish that, the pull trigger release weight is increased. It isn't ugly stiff; just five pounds instead of three or so and Phil Kiner (among others) have said that heavier pull triggers actually discourage fliching.

Ed

#6 ·
I'm currently shooting Larry Shade's old K-80-the one he broke all those Singles with at the PA State shoot a few years back. The primary reason a K-gun release changes settings is because hammer springs tend to weaken over time. Pop in a new hammer spring and you're back to normal. I doubt another design will change that situation and an annual service is still recommended.

I always enjoy taking down Larry with his old gun when it infrequently happens!!

#7 ·
I found an SKB 85TSS for one of my shooting buddies that has double release triggers by Glen Hunting. The "pull" weight is the same as my 85TSS without a release! As he did not want to use the release triggers yet, I removed them for him. Very interesting design done by an outstanding craftsman! Using my gun as a reference, I set up his nearly identical, as he liked the way mine shot. He went out and smoked 24 out of 25 first time. Best he ever did according to him! BTW - He got a killer deal on this gun from Mike @ SilverDollarFirearms.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.