1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AllEM RELEASE TRIGGER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 46_trap, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

Today I received my Allem's roller release trigger for beretta 682 gold e (installed). I am new to release triggers, so I am in the learning process. I would like soom imput on the best way to use it. I know how to hold gun,set trigger, call for target and then release. I am sure that there is more to it.
    Thanks for any info
    Ed

2. 46_trap

46_trap TS Member

Three years ago, I was a high B shooter and shooting from the 25 Yard line. I dropped to D and the 18 yard line. Was flinching and jerking the gun. I can't find a video on the proper use of a releaase trigger. I am now going to spend a lot of time in the back yard, mounting and going to a target,I have the Dry Fire Sinulator and plan to shoot a lot of targets.
    Ed

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ed, if you truly need a release trigger, and it sounds as though you do, adjusting to one should happen quickly.

In 1990, I had a release hook for a KS-5 that was installed in the gun when I bought it. One those older guns, the trigger could be switched from pull to release and back with the screws in the trigger, so I tried it as a release one night while shooting practice. I swore that anyone who used one of those things was nuts and switched back to pull after five targets.

Two years later, I started flinching. After a frustrating week of trying not to flinch, I changed the gun to release and gave it another try. My first trap, thinking more about the trigger than the targets, was a 14. My second trap was a 24 and I started to realize that the release was making me a smoother shooter; it soon felt more natural than pulling a trigger. It's amazing what the human mind can do when it knows it has to.

Just remember that as long as you hold that trigger back, nothing bad can happen when you get a broken target, no target or don't want to shoot after setting the trigger for any reason. Just swing the top lever over with your other hand and it will be safe to release the trigger. You then just start over - close the action, mount the gun and set the release.

I shoot basically the same gun - mine is a 687 combo - and I also have Allem's Roller Releases. Before long, you're going to be thanking yourself for having the work done.

Ed

4. MOP

MOP Active Member

Ed is right. I resisted switching to a release for several years longer than I should have. When I finally decided to give it a try, it took about one box of shells to get comfortable with the release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allem releace triger

allem release trigger

allem release trigger specs

allem release triggers

allem triggers

allems release triggers