1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Allah calls one home to see his virgins!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Oops not that one!!!!!! <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i35.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Videos/Oops.flv">

Jerbear

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Wonder if that was "fubar" or a US round founds it's mark??

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

Beautiful....

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

My understanding on this one, was that it only took seconds for the US to locate and counter-mortar the location. The explosion was from a US mortar round.

Too f'in' bad for the bad guys.

Wonder if our crew uses 7.5's or 8's?

Best,
    Dennis

5. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Ya know I had heard a rumor from some of the returning vets of those Kreighoff mortar tubes blowing up. Glad we Americans are using the kolar ones... RG

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This one is priceless. Too bad it's Iraquis on our side.

Hang on to yur chair.

HM

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Why don't they allow us to line up all the bad guys and help send them on thier voage to the virgins, just a matter of changing shot size!

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Just as he let go of the grenade, flash!! One was mailed in right on the spot!! The one he let go of didn't have time to hit bottom! :) Hap

9. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Counter-fire is highly unlikely. Less than 10 seconds elapsed from the drop of the first mortar to the explosion. Radars will pick up a mortar round extremely quickly, but that data must be transferred to a fire direction center, counter-fire data calculated, counter fire data entered on a sight, tube moved to correct position. Data and charge verified by a section chief, round hung, then fired. That left out several steps including any clearance of fires for friendlies or non-combantants esp. in an urban zone. And all of that just gets the round on the way to the bad guy. Even the shortest time of flight for a mortar is going to be 15-20 seconds and probably longer.

Now assuming he had fired one round we did not see to verify is guess of angles (defelction and quadrant for those that care) there could have been time for all of these counter fire data steps to have occurred and for a round to have been inbound for him. Then, you must calculate the odds that another area fire weapon is going to have a first round hit on the exact spot he fired from. That possibility has more zeros than my trap score card this weekend (new gun - it was not pretty).

More likely that was 1) a 25 mm chain gun round from an Apache Helicopter several kilometers away or 2) a very good sniper with a .50 cal. who hit the tube causing the round to detonate in the tube.

The third possibility I see is a faulty fuse that functioned as the round slid down the tube. Many mortar fuses are spin armed. If the round had not been handled properly it could have been armed before it ever enterred the tube and functioned at the slightest bump. I have seen cases of faulty fuses functioning very close to the tube and in one case partially functioning coming out of the tube.

The fourth possibility can be found in literature about CIA ops in Viet Nam.

10. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

+1 jagrdawger.

11. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I wonder if ole Auchmed reloads his own?

12. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

I'm betting on the sniper theory. Step son is a Marine sniper over there..

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

We all know where virgin wool comes from!!!

14. ATF Agent

ATF Agent TS Member

The Apache M230 chain gun is 30mm. The M242 chain gun is the 25mm used on the Bradley.

15. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I guess he double charged with Red Dot.

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Waterhouse. Thats the best one yet.

Girl I work with was married to a muslim. I asked the same question, why 72? She says that there are 72 sects of Islam.

Evidently they get one for every sect??

Regards...Gerald

17. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

My bad on the chain gun, I spent most of my aviation time in an OH-58D unit dealing with .50 cals.

18. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

A little too much Red Dot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allah calls another one home